Today's appointment...

Community Leader
Today's appointment...
Wed, 05-18-2011 - 8:06pm

Evening ladies! I had a bit of an eventful afternoon today.

I am 35w3d today and we did my GBS test today since I was induced at 36 weeks with DS. The GBS was actually really easy and they let me swab myself so it wasn't uncomfortable or anything. My blood pressure was a little higher than what my normal has been, but the doctor wasn't worried about it. I was measuring right at 35, so she wasn't worried about that either. No internal since I swabbed myself, so things seemed to be going great! Then she decided to do a quick ultrasound to check Bruce's position to make sure he was head down. He was! He was just as I thought, head down with his back along my right side and his butt right at my ribs. So things were going well. Then she tells me that she wants me to go up to L&D to have a non stress test (NST) and amniotic fluid index (AFI) done because she was worried about my fluid level.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-18-2011 - 9:12pm

I commented in the other thread, but I'm sorry to hear about your stressful appointment and L&D stay.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-18-2011 - 9:29pm
Boy our LOs sure do like to stress us out these days, don't they? Your BP being up a bit could certainly have an effect on the fluid levels. It seems like a good sign that there was more fluid after they had you drink all that water though. I hope that your fluid levels come back into the normal range so that you can avoid being induced again. Sounds like Bruce is gonna be a good sized baby if you were measuring right on but had low fluid levels. I think it's a great idea to take your bag with you from now on - that's what I've been doing this week for my appointments. Hang in there and keep us posted.

Powered by CGISpy.com
Community Leader
Wed, 05-18-2011 - 9:37pm
Thanks ladies. I don't mind going through another induction too much, I just would rather wait a little bit longer. DS was 6 lbs 15 oz when I was induced with him at 36 weeks, so if Bruce is similar, he should be a pretty good size. I just would rather him bake some more. I already drink about 2L of water a day as it is, so I guess I'll be drinking even more for the rest of the pregnancy.
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-18-2011 - 10:18pm
Good luck Stacey.. Hope you don't have to be induced and that the fluid stays up and he can bake some longer!