Pig Tails

iVillage Member
Pig Tails
Mon, 09-17-2012 - 1:48pm

First time getting pig tails in Angie's hair.  I have since gotten better elastics and done them several times without her pulling them out.  She gets this huge smile and looks so grown up now.

564542_337035939722489_1289292574_n.jpg

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-08-2012 - 9:20am

Those are not the same as the ones I have....I'll have to check these out.  Thanks!

iVillage Member
In reply to: cj_mom2b
Wed, 10-03-2012 - 3:13pm
The ones I found at Target are from So'Dorable brand. I couldn't find them on Target's website but this is another site that sells almost the same package as what I got. Not sure if these are the same as what you have but I haven't seen these in black.
http://www.thebabyplanet.com/132600.html
There were over 300 of the little elastics in the package I bought plus about 50 of the fuzzy bands and a couple little clips. The small elastics I wrap around 4-5 times depending on if I do 1 tail or 2 and Angie hasn't been able to get them out at all but they dont' seem to pull so tight that they are hurting her. Most of the time once I distract her from the fact that I put them in, she doesn't even notice them the rest of the day.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-25-2012 - 10:31am

Thanks for the tips....we had tried those really small elastic bands (the ones I have are black, but I've seen them in clear)....I was just afraid those were pulling her hair too much).  But to your point, maybe those would teach her to leave them in and then once she learns i can move back to the colorful ones. 

This is why I love this board!

I keep wanting Ashley's hair to grow out long enough too....but it seems to be taking forever....I'm not brave enough to clip her bangs myself so perhaps I'll have to take her somewhere soon.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 3:37pm

Thanks!  I have been going a little crazy with playing with her hair but I think it is helping Angie get used to me doing stuff and she seems to be getting more patient with me.

Laura, in the picture I just used a couple of my hair elastics and they came out within 20 minutes of putting them in.  Since then, another mom gave me a few little elastics that Angie can't get out of her hair.  I have to find them at the store but they are apparently sold at Target in a package of 100 -which is why the other mom didn't mind giving me a few.  They only last through 1 or 2 days of use so I will end up using them all.  I need to get them the next time I am at Target because they are fantastic.  Angie can't pull them out so I don't even worry about her during naps and in the car.  When I take them out at the end of the day I have to be careful not to pull her hair.

I have been playing around with 1 and 2 tails (even did 3 once :smileylol:).  I had trimmed her bangs myself (not easy) but I am pulling them into the pig tails if I can since they are in need of another trim but I would rather grow them back if possible.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 9:55am

Adorable!!! We can get Ashley's into pigtails, but she pulls them out as quick as we get them in :smileysad:  DH keeps pressing me to put stuff in her hair, but she just takes them out and we don't always get them back from DCP. 

Have you gotten Angie a haircut yet?  We're trying to let Ashley's hair grow out, but it hangs in her eyes in the front and she won't let us put a clip in to keep it out of her eyes.....grrrrr!