anyone else getting just ridiculous mood swings?

iVillage Member
anyone else getting just ridiculous mood swings?
Mon, 10-18-2010 - 2:57pm

...seriously...I don't remember this with my first...but I keep going through these times, usually about 30 mins a day, when I just feel FURIOUS! I'm mean to everybody - even my poor little two year old, and have been on the verge of tears at the same time. I really hate feeling so out of control and definitely hate being so mean to those I love so dearly. I'm also sure all the extra stress and anger can't be doing the new little one any good...bleurgh......

Pages

Community Leader
Mon, 10-18-2010 - 3:32pm

I'm sorry you are having mood swings and I hope they pass soon.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-18-2010 - 6:29pm

I feel exactly the same way!

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-18-2010 - 8:39pm

You just described me ... esp today, my poor husband has gotten it all day. Thank goodness he just sits there and lets me get it out and it pretty much goes in one ear and out the other and doesn't bother him (when I'm done he always says "I love you" so sweet he is ...). He knows how I get when pregnant. The poor kids on the other hand :( my DD Makenzie said to me today ... "geeze mom, why do you have to take your bad mood out on me" even though she was not the only one getting it, the boys were as well. None of them were really listening ... the boys were being horrible I had told makenzie that after the little girl I watched was picked up that she needed to go to the bedroom and finish her homework so that I could get my 6 week pregnancy Vlog done. Well when it came time she sat there so I told her to get her stuff and go to her room and do it there till I was done, like I said earlier. Her reply "Why!!" that was all it took and I let her have it about not listening and yadda yadda yadda. Then I felt horribly guilty and want to just cry, esp when she said "why do you take your bad mood out on me" thing, she is a very good girl and hardly ever does anything to get into trouble so when I am "mean" to her I feel a million times worse. I just explained to her that its the pregnancy and hormones and that she really needs to just try really hard to listen and do what she is told. She is 9 though so she understands ... I can't wait till the 1T is over with and this stuff settles down.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 1:05am
I'm sorry you girls are going through it too....thank goodness for loving and understanding husbands! Do you think it will calm down in the 2nd tri? I hope so!
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 1:21am
oh and then it fluctuates with feelings of real happiness, warmth and calm (usually after sleeping lol!!!!) crazy world!
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 5:45pm

First trimester is so hard!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 9:20pm
Princess, I am so jealous of your husband! :) My boyfriend is not handling my anxieties so well (and he has two kids, so he's been through this before). I just really need support and positivity right now, and he is being so grouchy and sarcastic! URGH!!!! It's like HE'S PREGGO!
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-20-2010 - 1:09am
girl...you need to give that man of yours a good kick up the butt! If he thinks you're grouchy now imagine what it'll be like when you have a new born who's kept you up all night, or who has her first cold, sickness or fever...that's when the fun really starts lol!
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-20-2010 - 6:10pm
e1978, I know! He's snapping my head off and being a general butt. I told him today we are taking a break from talking until he gets his act together. We haven't even been dating that long and I'm worried I may have to do this whole thing by myself...but I would much rather do that than have a jerk nagging at me every day.
iVillage Member
Wed, 10-20-2010 - 9:18pm

Yikes, I'm so sorry he is being that way. Maybe a break from talking would be a good thing ... he might just realize what he is missing out on and fix his attitude.

Photobucket

Pages