Anyone else just feel alone?

iVillage Member
Anyone else just feel alone?
Thu, 10-28-2010 - 9:37pm

I know I shouldn't be complaining.

Pages

Community Leader
Thu, 10-28-2010 - 10:02pm

I do in some ways because my DH isn't here for me to talk to. There's so much I want to talk to him about

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-28-2010 - 10:20pm

If you don't mind me asking -- where is DH? Is he in the forces? I hope he's home soon.

Community Leader
Thu, 10-28-2010 - 10:41pm
He's in the Army, currently deployed to Iraq. We've got about 9.5 months of the deployment done with. He was recently home on R&R and that's when we got blessed with our little one. He'll be home in a few months.
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-29-2010 - 12:59am

We were going to initially wait to tell everybody, but, we figured why wait? Whatever happens, happens! We started telling everybody this week and I feel a lot better and it has kicked my excitement in gear.

Kara- Married to my best friend, Rich. Forever loving and missing our sweet baby girl, Filomena who was born sleeping on 03/10/11 after a long battle with complications from Turner Syndrome. We love you and miss you more than anything baby girl!
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-29-2010 - 1:21am

I feel alone!

Powered by CGISpy.com
Thank you Dedi and Kelly for my
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-29-2010 - 4:26pm

So it's going to be a few more months before you really get to spend more time with him.

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-29-2010 - 4:31pm

Thanks! I just found out my kid brother told my old friend Roland I was pregnant (one of my closest friends -- I've known him for 25 years!) and he just told me his wife was pregnant too!

Community Leader
Fri, 10-29-2010 - 6:01pm
Yeah it'll be a few months before he's home. We usually get to keep in touch pretty well, but the internet in his room will be getting turned off soon (as they start to prepare for coming home). So, while it's good because it means it's coming to an end, it's going to suck not being in touch with him as much.
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-29-2010 - 8:37pm
nervous2ndtimer2010, I can completely relate to what you're saying about it being lonely. We haven't told many people at all (I'm just six weeks), and the few people we have told were kind of shocked instead of being happy/supportive. Mainly because we aren't married and haven't been together all *that* long in the scheme of things--i.e., we aren't doing things according to how "society" wants us to do them. We have plans to get engaged, move in, and get married, but that isn't good enough, I guess. Frustrating.
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-30-2010 - 10:59pm

I'm right there too, that's a big part of why I found my way to the board! We're not telling people until after the holidays, because when I miscarried before the worst part was breaking the bad news to everyone just a couple weeks after our happy announcement. And right now, I'm still not sure I believe this pregnancy is going to work out because I'm just not feeling pregnant; normally the symptoms hit practically before I even get the BFP but this time I'm feeling fine.

DH is here and supportive, but he's not the best for someone to talk to about all the pregnancy stuff because he doesn't get really excited about it until further along. Once I start showing and we're scheduling the gender ultrasound, he's great, but for the early pregnancy stuff he's not much for sympathy or reassurance. Pregnancy is one of those times I wish I had a sister or close female friend to talk to, but most of my friends are men and none of my female friends have settled down yet, so I'm kind of out here alone blazing the parenting trail.

Pages