Anyone else scared to death?

iVillage Member
Anyone else scared to death?
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 10:33am

I am cautiously jumping in ... I got a BFP last night, going to the doctor tomorrow. The best we can figure I'd be due sometime in June.It was a complete and utter shock.

I have one other son (2.5) and this pregnancy was sort of a big surprise. I have to admit I am in shock and sort of in denial. I'm just not sure about everything and just scared.

4 weeks ago I had severe left side/abdomen pains, bad enough I had to leave work to go to the regular doctor. THe doctor tested for PG then but said I wasn't, and ordered a CAT scan, which revealed nothing. He finally diagnoised me with maybe ovarian cysts (which I've always had trouble with).

I'm scared now that maybe I WAS pg then and maybe the stuff I drank for the CAT

Community Leader
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 11:06am

I just wanted to welcome you to the board. Since you just got your positive, I doubt the CT Scan will have done any harm to your little one, but you should definitely talk to your doctor about it tomorrow to see what they say.

I hope things work out for the best for you and your family. I can completely understand the shock and fear of an unplanned pregnancy. Good luck!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 12:30pm

I agree with Stacey that since you just got the BFP most likely you were not pg at the time of the CAT and should be fine. I would mention to the dr though, if for nothing else to give you some peace of mind. Being pregnant can be scary. I know I am scared. Not so much because I am pregnant right now (was with my first) but this time i just want the baby safe and healthy. I hope everything works out and welcome you to the board.

Pink Haired Mamma

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 12:56pm

I agree with the others that most likely all is ok but can't hurt to ask.