Anyone NOT have a due date yet?

iVillage Member
Anyone NOT have a due date yet?
Fri, 11-19-2010 - 10:38pm

According to my LMP, my due date is June 8th. My period has never been "regular" ... like not every 28 days ... but it's been consistently 40-42 days ever since my son was born. According to my logic (and when I got a faint positive test) my due date should be around June 20th. I've always had an early ultrasound for dating purposes, but my doctor this time around is acting like the two week difference is no big deal. I just want to make sure I get all my testing, etc. done on time because a lot of it is dependent on how far along you are. Does anyone else not have a very accurate due date yet?

siggy_fall_2010
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-19-2010 - 10:57pm

I only have an accurate due date because I KNOW I ovulated on CD38, otherwise by my LMP my due date would be like May 29th. I would be questioning your doctor because towards the end, two weeks is a HUGE difference. They'll think you're overdue and will be pushing for an induction/c-section when it's totally not necessary. I definitely would be asking for/demanding a dating ultrasound. Good luck!

Community Leader
Fri, 11-19-2010 - 11:50pm

I agree with the pp, two weeks can be a big deal and I would be pushing for a dating ultrasound. I hope you can get one. It would suck to try to do your testing and find out it's not time for it.

iVillage Member
Sat, 11-20-2010 - 1:18am

Thanks, guys - that's what I figured. My concern is also that I tend to have really big babies (my smallest was 9lb 4oz and my biggest was 9 lbs 13 oz) and the later you wait to date the pregnancy, the less accurate it will be. I like my doctor, but this is my fourth pregnancy and I wish she would listen to me more. Been there, done that times 4. :)

siggy_fall_2010