Anyone trying table food yet?

iVillage Member
Anyone trying table food yet?
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 8:03am

Just wondering if anyone has had their LO try table food yet?

Pages

Community Leader
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 9:09am
We've let Bruce have a few things we've had at dinner time. He's ate mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, small pieces of bread, carrots from our soup, and a few other things I'm forgetting. I also gave him a chip to hold the other day just to see what he would do and he did put it to his mouth and took a small bite. He didn't like it though and threw the chip to the floor. :)

His 5th tooth just came through his gumline yesterday. I've been to nervous to try small pieces of meat still. He stares at us while we are eating though, so I'm sure it'll happen sooner than later.
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 12:09pm
I haven't given Angie anything like that yet and I'm not rushing it. Right now it is easier for me to make her foods separate and just be able to worry about DH and I for our meals.
Angie does do pretty well with the snack stuff she has gotten - like Cheerios and puffs. Problem is that she picks them up, puts them in her mouth and then doesn't know how to let go so they come back out all gooey. She does really well holding thinks like the Mum-Mums cookies and she stole my graham cracker the other day (took it right out of my hand while I was eating it). So I'm thinking that I will try her on foods she can hold and bite pieces off of but I'm not sure what yet.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 8:09am
I've tried giving Jenna a few items from the table, some she likes and others she's not sure what to do with. She's had mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, pretzels (no salt), and veggie straws and like them all. I've tried giving her little shreds of meat (chicken, turkey) but she just gives me that "what are you doing to me?" look and spits it out. She does have the chewing concept down and will instantly pick up and put foods into her mouth if she likes them.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 11:59pm
we are doing baby led weaning so we've only done real foods. He's had apple slices, cucumber, avocado, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, raw and cooked carrots, green beans, watermelon and egg yolks. He doesn't like much of anything yet and is allergic to a few lol.

Powered by CGISpy.com
Thank you Dedi and Kelly for my
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-27-2012 - 8:56am

Katie - I've read about BLW and obviously haven't followed it, but I had a question.

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-31-2012 - 1:45am
Sorry I'm just seeing this. Yes they are. I put big pieces of food (and even some smaller pieces or thin like cooked green beans) and Zaydren can pick it up and put it to his mouth and even in it. Think about all the other stuff they put in their mouths too. I might hand him something but I never try to feed it to him, I offer it but no feeding.

For Bananas, leave on some peel, or some people crush cheerios or the like and roll it in it so can grasp. Also I leave the banana in half both length and width (so half the length of it and then sliced again in half so its half moon and long). That way more to grab. He will grab whatever from the tray and try to get it to his mouth however he can. He really isn't into a lot of stuff and some things he likes (like raw carrots) he's allergic to so can't have it. :-( Just try bigger stuff first that is about the size of her finger and then go from there.