Bath Time?

iVillage Member
Bath Time?
Tue, 04-24-2012 - 11:01am

How does bath time work for your LO?

We started out using one of those "infant tubs" and giving her a bath on the kitchen counter.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-24-2012 - 1:55pm
I use my kitchen sink for bath time still - it's a pretty big and deep sink though. (Even Jesse still takes a bath in there, but he's getting a bit big for it).

Hair washing was always a struggle with Jesse since he has tubes in his ears and he's not supposed to get water in them. But them I remembered my brother also had tubes and my mom used to lay him down on the kitchen counter with a towel under him and hold his head in the sink area and wash it there (kind of like at the hair salon minus the lean back chair). So I started doing both my kids the same way, it helps that we have one of those movable sprayer hoses for our sink. When the hair wash is done then I fill the sink for their bath.

When they get older and are too big to lay on the counter, you can have them stand facing the sink and then lean them over into it face first.

I don't know what I'm going to do for baths later on because we really only have a shower stall and Jesse hates showers. Jenna doesn't mind them, on occasion I have also taken her in there with me and just leaned her head back for the hair wash part.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-24-2012 - 2:52pm

I'm not going to be a huge help because bathtime is DH's responsibility.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-25-2012 - 9:09am

Thank you ladies...those are some great ideas!

I never thought of washing her hair first...I always do it last so that she doesn't have a wet head/get cold while she plays in the tub (she loves splashing around for a while).

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-25-2012 - 8:01pm
I always wash his hair first and do it while the tub is filling and just hold him back under it so the water pressure rinses it good. With his texture and curls it makes it hard to do otherwise! He flips out sometimes but soon as he's done and a washrag or other toy is in his mouth he's great. Then I wash him while he plays. Once he was about 4-5 months old he was too big for the infant thing and just sat up in the tub. Washing his hair was easy because it wasn't curly or thick yet so just took a wash cloth and got it sopping wet and would go over his hair ringing it out or "wiping" almost and kept doing that until rinsed. he thought it was funny lol.