Bedtime Routine?

iVillage Member
Bedtime Routine?
Fri, 10-14-2011 - 12:22pm

Do you have a bedtime routine for your LO?

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-14-2011 - 1:58pm

I've actually been meaning to post this same topic. We have no real routine but I have read a lot too and almost everything says to have a routine.

A week or two ago I tried to start a routine - sit in the rocker in her room with the lights dim, read her a story and rock her to sleep/almost asleep.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-14-2011 - 2:39pm
After dinner we sit in the living room for a while I'll hold Jenna while reading book after book after book to Jesse. When Jenna indicates that she's tired (nothing soothes her, rubbing her eyes) we go upstairs to my bedroom (that's her room too). I change her diaper and put on her jambes, we turn the light out or down low and then she gets a final nursing. Nowadays she usually falls asleep during that nursing session, but she used to stay awake. I give her a kiss and wish her sweet dreams and put her in her crib. If she's not already asleep she will usually go to sleep pretty quickly, sometimes I do end up having to give her a binky - but very rarely.

As for the bath every night thing - I saw en episode of The Doctors a while back where that question was asked. Dr. Sears (the pediatrician) said that babies and young children really only need a bath 2X a week and anymore than that can be damaging to their skin and immune systems.