Birthday Party Planning

iVillage Member
Birthday Party Planning
Tue, 04-10-2012 - 8:08am

Can you believe our little ones will soon be turning 1 year old?

Powered by CGISpy.com
Community Leader
Wed, 04-11-2012 - 3:42pm
Can you believe our little ones will soon be turning 1 year old? Nope. This year has flown by. We have about 6 weeks until Bruce turns 1!

Are you planning a big birthday party for your LO? Kind of. We are planning a party with family, but it won't be all that big. We'll have about a dozen family members here.

What will your theme be? I bought a sock monkey 1st birthday theme. I ordered it online (can't remember the site at the moment).

Are you planning any special gifts for your LO? We haven't really talked about gifts yet. I'm sure we'll have fun shopping though.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-12-2012 - 3:32pm
I'm thinking of keeping things simple. I want to make Angie a big cupcake and then lots of little cupcakes to go with it so I have been looking for a decent priced pan. I only plan to invite the grandparents and aunts/uncles/cousins on the weekend before her birthday (small group).
No special theme or anything but I will probably find some cute plates and napkins.
Angie's birthday is on a Monday and we have a playgroup that meets every Monday so I plan to bring cupcakes to celebrate that day with her friends.
No plans for presents. I might get her something small so she has something to unwrap but otherwise I am leaving that to the grandparents since I am sure they will each get her something and she really doesn't need anything.
My biggest concern is having the energy to handle it all and that Angie's sister waits until after her bday to make her own arrival.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-14-2012 - 6:13pm
Can you believe our little ones will soon be turning 1 year old? No.. he's growing up too darn fast!

Are you planning a big birthday party for your LO? Yeah.. but probably will just be us.. I am not expecting people to show up since they always disappoint.

What will your theme be? basketball

Are you planning any special gifts for your LO? He's going to get a smart trike and maybe a thing to climb on outside.