The bottomless pit

iVillage Member
The bottomless pit
Mon, 10-25-2010 - 7:56am

With DD, I puked like a mad woman from 6 weeks all the way through delivery. there was a few weeks in month 7 that i didnt puke, but not much. I lived on potaotes and eventually just learned the art of eating and barfing as a way of life.

Critter2 here is totally different. "HE" is making me so hungry constantly. And if i dont eat constantly i then get this horrid empty feeling in the bottom of my stomach like i havent eaten in months and then i get sick to my stomach. And i am talking about this happening super fast. Like i am sitting on couch, babe pulls on the tummy saying Yo I am hungry, I get up and the pit sets in and the naseau sets in before i can reach the kitchen! Bizarre-O!! And then "HE" is also making me crave meat and yet if I make any attempt to eat it, smell it, look at it, i immediately start to gag and throw up.

If i much on fresh fruit and veggies all day i am okay, but constantly have that pit feeling if i even stop shoveling in cucumbers long enough for me to change my daughters diaper. WTF? Anyone else like this? Any remedies? I dont know what to do. I dont want to be sick, but I can not sit and munch 24 hours a day either.

Pink Haired Mamma

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-25-2010 - 12:27pm

That sounds a lot like my morning sickness with my son--I referred to it as a militant hunger...I would be hungry constantly and SO nauseous if I didn't eat right away when the hunger came on.

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-25-2010 - 6:07pm

The hunger just started for me yesterday.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-25-2010 - 8:48pm

oh my DH will love to hear this...boy!! perhaps it is...time will tell. :)

I love how you call it militant hunger, I am gonna borrow that term, because that is exactly what it feels like. Crazy!

Pink Haired Mamma

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-25-2010 - 8:50pm

I am about 8-9ish weeks, waiting for the u/s to date me, but this crazy hunger sickness started at about 6 weeks too. I am eating healthy for the most part, but i sip on Dr .pepper in the morning. it does help. Your bag sounds fabulous. I might have to come raid your stash :)

Pink Haired Mamma