Christmas/Holiday Gifts for LO

iVillage Member
Christmas/Holiday Gifts for LO
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 9:10pm

I know Stacey mentioned Christmas/winter holidays in the roll call, but I thought it would be nice to just have a thread about the gifts we are giving our LOs this year.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-04-2011 - 2:05am
He will get a couple sleepers, maybe an outfit, something like a basketball goal age appropriate, and a few odds and ends. Nothing too exciting.

I did see someone on FB mentioned for her dd instead of presents to get non perishable items for a food bank and I thought that was an awesome idea! Last year for my niece (she was 10 months) my dad and I bought her convertible carseat. So if you haven't done that yet.. lol Otherwise books/ride on toys, stuff to chew on, etc?

Powered by CGISpy.com
Thank you Dedi and Kelly for my
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-04-2011 - 10:45am
DH and I have been discussing this recently as well - especially because she doesn't even understand what is going on, so it's not like she'll enjoy the gifts (at least won't appreciate opening them) or remember them. We might get a jumperoo for her or a small toy, but it's more about things WE need for her vs things SHE wants!
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-04-2011 - 12:43pm
I think for us it's more about how the older siblings and cousins will feel. She doesn't really need anything, but the boys will feel bad if they get stuff and she doesn't.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-06-2011 - 6:28am
This year we aren't doing much of anything for Christmas. Partly because Angie won't know any differently but more because we have zero room in our budget since we are finally starting to build our house. We will be taking her to my parents house on Christmas day and they have already bought her an exersaucer and I'm sure they will have other things for her too. I will probably just get her a baby's first Christmas ornament and wrap it for her but that will be it.
Next year will be different and she will appreciate it more so we plan to do a better job of celebrating then.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 3:05pm

I hadn't really planned on getting DS anything but every time I get something for my DD's I just feel bad that he won't have anything under the tree. I know he doesn't know the difference but some how I still feel bad. So I have gotten him a few winter outfits and put each piece in a separate package...lol...makes me feel better.

I know my MIL will be getting him tons of toys so I know he will have tons of stuff under her tree.

Miki

iVillage Member
Wed, 11-09-2011 - 8:24pm
So far for Liam I have feeding accessories (spoons, bowls, a mesh feeder) to go inside his stocking since he will start solids right around Christmas. I have also bought him a toy that you pull on and it vibrates and a set of textured, soft balls in different sizes. He won't get much more. More than anything he'll enjoy watching everything going on around him on Christmas morning. :)
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-23-2011 - 8:01am
Good idea about feeding stuff....bad thing is we have it all from ds1. Would it be bad to stick it in the stocking anyway? (For ds1's sake?) Lol!
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-23-2011 - 8:28am
If DS1 wouldn't notice that it's stuff you already had then you can get away with it. My younger DS would notice and call me out on it. He recognizes stuff as his that he hasn't even seen since he was a few months old.