ExerSaucer or Walker

iVillage Member
ExerSaucer or Walker
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 8:55am

Anyone have an exersaucer or walker that they would recommend (either with this little one or previous babies)?

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 9:49am
The saucer you've mentioned sounds great because of it's flexibility. She would probably still like to use is at 6 months. (Jesse still likes to climb in the ones in the church nursery, and ours when Jenna's not in it).

FWIW my older kids both used a walker and loved it. And despite the AAP saying that it delays walking, both my boys walked very early - probably because of the walker. The main floor of my house only has stair that go up so it's not a hazard in my house.

Powered by CGISpy.com
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 11:07pm
The versatile one sounds good. I just bought a jumperoo and he loves that lol so no opinions

Powered by CGISpy.com
Thank you Dedi and Kelly for my
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-07-2011 - 11:20pm

My two older kids both LOVED the jumperoo. This is our first time with an exersaucer & the girls do seem to enjoy it quite a bit. I don't have any experience with a walker so I can't comment on that.

ERIN

Above all else guard your heart, for it affects all you do. Proverbs 4:23

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-08-2011 - 9:27am
I hadn't looked into the jumpers but I'll have to take a look.
Donna - I hear you on the walker. I talked to my mom yesterday (she is buying whatever I choose) and she won't buy the walker style because they are too dangerous with stairs. Funny thing is I live in a single level home!
I'm dragging DH to the store today so I'll check out the options.

Cynthia

Community Leader
Sun, 10-09-2011 - 10:59pm

Bruce got this jumper from my BIL/SIL. He loves playing in it. I had a walker when Nathan was little and would probably get one again for Bruce if we primarily used our lower level. We are usually upstairs with him though, so I don't want to risk that at all.

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-12-2011 - 11:33am

We had an exersaucer with both of my older DD's and we just got Nicholas a jumperoo. We really like both.

The only main difference so far that I can tell is that the jumperoo is much more bouncy, so if your LO likes to really bounce you might want to try one of those.

The exersaucer seems to be more sturdy and you don't have to wory about what type of ground your LO's feet will be touching. We took ours outside in the spring and didn't have to worry about the grass or dirt on their feet. With the jumperoo there is not a bottom so their feet would be in the grass.

You might just want to look at all of them to see what attached toys you feel will be best. For Nicholas all he wants to do is jump and spin the wheels...he could care less if it had things hanging or played music.

Miki

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-12-2011 - 1:12pm
Some bouncers do have a built in bottom that moves with the child. This is the one we have:

http://www.brightstarts.com/p-152-bounce-bounce-baby.aspx