Feeding Tips and Tricks

iVillage Member
Feeding Tips and Tricks
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 2:39pm

I know a lot of us have started feeding our little ones solids, and the rest aren't far away with only another month or two until beginning.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 2:42pm

I want to start with a tip that I read about but didn't work at all - so I wouldn't recommend bothering with this tip since it only made things harder.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Thu, 11-03-2011 - 9:02pm
Good thread idea, Cynthia.

I actually had great success with giving Jesse an extra spoon - but each child is different.

I have to hold Jenna's hands out of the way or she grabs for the spoon. She also seems to prefer it if I leave the spoon in her mouth for a bit as she slurps the food off the spoon.

After we're done with the feeding I clean her face and hands with a wet paper towel, and then I also clean inside her mouth (with a clean wipe/towel). This serves a couple of purposes - it prepares her for brushing her teeth later on, and it reduces the risk of thrush or bacterial infections (since I nurse her after she eats).