Finger foods/Meal Ideas

iVillage Member
Finger foods/Meal Ideas
Thu, 03-22-2012 - 9:46am

I'm assuming most of our LOs are moving more towards table food & away from purees, so what are you feeding them these days?

I have a couple of cubes of homemade purees and some jar purees left that I want to finish up before switching to full-time table food (likely to last me into the beginning/middle of April), but I'm a little concerned about what exactly to feed Ashley once the purees are finished.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-22-2012 - 4:32pm

I have the same problem that a lot of what DH and I eat is not really baby friendly.

Cynthia

Community Leader
Sat, 03-24-2012 - 11:27am
We try to give Bruce bits of what we are having with each meal. We usually have some kind of meat or pasta, so those are usually good for him. We've been slowly introducing him to more and more spices with our cooking. Thursday night I cut up some spaghetti and meatballs and let him play with them. For some reason, he doesn't put small things in his mouth, he just plays with them. If I give him something big though, like a cracker, he'll bite into it. So he's had crackers and the Gerber cookies that he can hold and bite and that same time.
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-25-2012 - 10:47pm
Zaydren has whatever I eat as long as he's not allergic (so no eggs (can be cooked into something just not alone), dairy, carrots, broccoli, watermelon, grapes, etc). He's had brisket, cornbread, lo mein, steak, chicken, any types of veggies, etc. I just put it on his tray and let him go.

You can do cheese quesadillas, or cheese rollups, veggie stirfry of sorts, meatloaf, etc. Really just whatever. But we never did purees either.

Also with the purees smear on toast or waffles for extra flavor and cut in strips :) then has food and you use them up.