Foods Tried

iVillage Member
Foods Tried
Thu, 12-22-2011 - 8:03am

For those whose LO's have started solids already, just wondering what foods your LO has tried.

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-22-2011 - 10:36am

Angie seems to like anything that goes into her mouth.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-28-2011 - 11:49am
Kaylee has tried pretty much every fruits and veggies, but no meats yet. The meats kind of gross me out, haha. I don't remember ever giving my DD any meats until she did finger foods. Kaylee also eats the oatmeal cereal and loves any food I give her. She makes "yum" noices the whole time, it's so cute!
Photobucket http://heatherbeachphotograp
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 8:22am

Ashley tried peas and pears last week and absolutely HATED the peas :(

iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 1:13pm

That is pretty funny about Ashley not liking her peas - Angie is the opposite and surprised me by loving peas!

I had mentioned earlier that Angie has liked everything I've fed her so far but that is no longer true - green beans did not go well.

Cynthia

Community Leader
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 6:08pm
Bruce has tried all of the Stage 1 and Stage 2 Beechnut foods. He does not like peaches at all! He seems to like his veggies more than the fruits. He's also had some of my mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, bread, and crackers.
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 11:24pm
wyatt has ate all of the gerber fruits and veggies he will not eat green beans and he loves the bananas. We just started the stage two dinners and he like those alot. I mix rice cereal with with the veggies and oatmeal with the fruits, so the flavors arent as strong ( fruits arent as sweet) and it makes the food last a lil longer. I also give him his sippy cup with water at meals to he is trying. Today we started the yogurt puffs from gerber graduates i cut them in 1/4 s at first and he did great now he sees the bag and gets excited. I cant believe our LOs are getting so big. They will be one soon and more of us than cynthia will end up having another before we know it.
Kristen
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-04-2012 - 11:00am

I've been thinking about trying the finger foods, but I don't know how Ashley will do with it.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-04-2012 - 1:09pm
Laura - I highly recommend the Baby Mum Mum Rice Rusks. I found them in Target and Angie loves them. They are a few inches long and she holds one in both hands to start. She can then stick it in her mouth like any other toy but it disolves and pieces break off. I can't see her being able to choke on it since it gets so soft when wet. I think that by the time it gets to the back of her mouth she really can't choke on it.
Of course every baby is a little different in how they handle the food in their mouth but they may be worth trying. I just tried Angie with the puffs yesterday and gave her some more today. Yesterday the only ones that made it in her mouth were from me but today she seemed to actually master the pincer grasp and got some in her mouth herself! I was so proud. I think starting with those cookies was a good progression for Angie - the cookies seem to disolve and get mushy better/faster than the puffs.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-04-2012 - 4:24pm
Jenna has had all the Beechnut stage 1 and 2 fruits and veggies and a few of the meat and veggie combinations (chicken and sweet potatoes, turkey and sweet potatoes, etc). She's also had homemade mashed potatoes. So far she loves all of them.

I gave her some of those puffs for Christmas, but she doesn't seem to like them - she makes her gagging face and looks at you like you're trying to kill her. I also tried giving her a tiny bit of shredded turkey at Christmas - same gagging reaction.