iVillage Member
Frustrated with food...
Sun, 11-07-2010 - 10:44am

Is anyone else having an issue with something sounding good to eat

Photobucket

Pages

Community Leader
Sun, 11-07-2010 - 11:09am

I've had that happen a few times. The worst thing for me right now is I tend to feel nauseous after I eat a decent sized meal. I've been trying to eat smaller portions, but I am so hungry at times. Ugh!

iVillage Member
Sun, 11-07-2010 - 2:09pm

Yes! It is so hard nowadays to find anything that sounds good. I'm lucky to have an awesome husband who will prepare meals for me ... if I had to make it myself, I would probably starve. Yuck. I hope it passes quickly for you.

siggy_fall_2010
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-07-2010 - 4:47pm
I, too, am having a real problem lately. I've been unbearably nauseous all day long...nothing sounds good to eat or drink, yet I'm still gaining weight because I'm forcing myself to eat high-calorie stuff (I was underweight when I became pregnant). It's so difficult to fix myself meals...I cannot wait until this passes...and it better pass!
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-07-2010 - 5:06pm
I'm feeling really gross, too. It comes and goes - right now it's bad. It's so hard to balance eating the right amounts. If I don't eat enough I feel gross, if I eat too much I feel gross. I'm eight weeks today. Seriously hoping this feeling is gone soon.
Lilypie Maternity tickers
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-07-2010 - 5:43pm

I try to just listen to my body as far as portions but it is so hard sometimes

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-07-2010 - 5:49pm
I hope it passes soon too!! A friend of mine just had her baby a week or two ago and she ended up having hyperemesis gravidarum the first few months of her pregnancy. She was in the hospital twice because she got so dehydrated from not being able to keep anything down. This morning sickness has started earlier than with my first pregnancy. The first time it started at 8w and ended around 12w. This time it started at 6w and somehow I doubt it is going to be gone around 10w... Keeping my fingers crossed though!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 11-07-2010 - 5:52pm
'If I don't eat enough I feel gross, if I eat too much I feel gross.' I feel the exact same way! I had replied to another post that I didn't have morning sickness with my first pregnancy until I was 8w and it started at 6w with this one. I hope this passes quickly for all of us!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-08-2010 - 6:48pm
I bonded with my toilet today... thank GOD I cleaned it last night LOL! Nothing sounds good to me. I have to eat very bland so it digests (not to mention, my diet is restricted anyways)... my first 2 pregnancies weren't this bad so I guess I should count my blessings!
Kara- Married to my best friend, Rich. Forever loving and missing our sweet baby girl, Filomena who was born sleeping on 03/10/11 after a long battle with complications from Turner Syndrome. We love you and miss you more than anything baby girl!
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-08-2010 - 11:06pm

Me too! The other day I prepared three different things to eat before settling on a bowl of cereal.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-10-2010 - 12:54pm

I have tried saltines, cheese nips, plain rice cakes(some people swear by them for morning sickness), pretzels, triscuits, ginger snap cookies... and now I can barely stand to eat any of them because they all leave the same gross aftertaste in my mouth.

I've tried switching up the fluids too and have tried 7-Up, Cherry 7-Up, and ginger ale. The regular 7-Up is starting to taste too sweet to me, I think I am going to pick up some Cranberry Sierra Mist on grocery day and see how that goes...

I tried to drink some orange juice but ended up getting some bad

Photobucket

Pages