Help with flying and queasiness!

iVillage Member
Help with flying and queasiness!
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 1:01pm

I went on a trip this last weekend and flew to DC.

Powered by CGISpy.com
Thank you Dedi and Kelly for my
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 1:18pm

That is one reason that clued me in to testing-I was flying back from NYC this past weekend and I felt really sick when the plane would go up and down in the air....and I've never been airsick before!

I don't know. The smells also bothered me a lot-the guy sitting next to me, the cofee, the smell of alcholic beverages-everything was just overwhelming to me.

The only thing I did that slightly helped is I put my seat back and closed my eyes and leaned against my husband. When I could, I listened to music to help myself relax and get my mind off the sickness.

One thing you could try is those sea sickness bands ... they are bracelets that put pressure on a point in your wrist to make nasuea go away. I don't know if they really work or not.

http://www.biobands.com/

You can get them for much cheaper at any pharmacy. Good luck! Hopefully the sickeness will pass by the time of your next trip!

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-19-2010 - 2:17pm
Thanks! Unfortunately no husband and baby dad can't fly with.. He's military and doesn't get much leave time so couldn't go with so just me. All those smells were horrible! Especially when the flight attendants parked the beverage cart next to me! UGH! Luckily the guy I sat by didn't have strong odors! Whew! I'll look up those bands! Anything to help! Stinks happened to you too!