Naptime Issues

iVillage Member
Naptime Issues
Thu, 04-26-2012 - 11:18am

So for months now Ashley has been taking AWESOME naps....lasting 1-2hrs each

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-26-2012 - 4:28pm
I know Jesse switched to 1 nap a day at about this point in time - usually after lunch for about 2 hours. Maybe they need to skip the morning nap with her and put her down after a hearty lunch - they sleep better on full bellies.

Something else to consider with Ashley is that she has been sick lately and on different medications which could also be affecting her sleeping.

I'm not sure exactly how important naps are to their development (probably pretty important though), but I know they are critical to my sanity!

Powered by CGISpy.com
Community Leader
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 1:33am
There are times when Bruce doesn't want to take his naps during the day too. Usually it's because something else is going on that he's interested in (like family visiting or us going out).

The only problem we've had with him and not getting enough sleep is that he occasionally gets night terrors. It's basically where he starts screaming while he's sleeping and we aren't able to wake him up out of it. We just have to try to comfort him until he stops. Eventually he stops screaming and wakes up and then falls right back to sleep and sleeps the rest of the night.

So, if you start having something like that happen, you might want to talk to the doctor about it. It's usually caused by not getting enough sleep, but sometimes there are other causes.
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-27-2012 - 9:17am

Donna - I totally agree on the sanity aspect of the naps!!!