Shoes

iVillage Member
Shoes
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 8:12am

Anyone else putting shoes on their LO's?

iVillage Member
In reply to: newlywed2010
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 10:09am

I will say right away - do not expect her to stop trying to take them off :smileyvery-happy:

I have a pair of shoes that I put on Angie whenever we leave the house.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Fri, 03-09-2012 - 5:01pm
I am a total shoe freak with my kids. Jenna and Jesse have both worn shoes since they were just weeks old (as soon as they would fit and not fall off). Jenna had some soft soled shoes, but now most of hers have a flexible rubber sole. She's between a size 2 and 3 now. She's pretty good about leaving them on most of the time (probably because she's so used to having them on), but even once in a while she will keep taking them off - usually to try and eat them!

I find that having shoes on their feet makes diaper changes a bit easier cause the shoes prevent the tights/leggings/pants from coming off.

With my oldest son, we bought him shoes to keep him from walking so soon. My mom said that the shoes would slow him down - boy was she ever wrong! (he walked at 5 1/2 months with no support, running at 9 months)

Powered by CGISpy.com
Community Leader
Sun, 03-11-2012 - 5:50pm
Our doctor actually said it's best to let them go without shoes when learning to walk because they will grip the ground with their toes. That was the first I heard of that, but considering Bruce hates having anything on his feet, we've been going with it. Once he starts really walking, we'll start putting his shoes on regularly. He has shoes to wear when we go out, but when we are home, he's barefoot.
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-11-2012 - 9:37pm
Like Donna I have been putting shoes on the boys since very little. now it is more so that Xavier won't have cold toes because he will put his feet in his mouth...especially with socks on...so the shoes keep his feet and socks dry! hehe
Xavier is in about a size 3. I mainly put him in the stride rite prewalker shoes that Xander wore.