Sleep Training

iVillage Member
Sleep Training
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 9:35am

Has anyone tried any method of sleep training for their baby or toddler?

In the past 2 weeks I have become much more familiar with various methods of sleep training and I am curious what other's experiences are.

I'm not looking to start a debate although I know this can be a heated topic but rather I am just interested in some other mom's experiences.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-12-2012 - 9:48am

Here is my experience from the last couple of weeks (this by no means makes me any sort of expert and I have no idea what will happen long term):

Just after the Christmas holidays Angie and I went through a very difficult few days with nap time.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-13-2012 - 8:23am

Cynthia - I don't have a lot of experience with sleep training either, but we tried the Ferber method (at least from what I could gather online, we never followed a book or anything) and it just simply didn't work with Ashley.

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-13-2012 - 11:23am
Cynthia-

I wanted to share a link with you to the Sleep Training board. If you are looking for some more feedback or advice, the board is a great place to check out. The ladies there are also sleep training and they may have some tips to share with you. Best of luck to you!

Sleep Training- http://forums.ivillage.com/ivillage/?category.id=iv-pppsleep

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-13-2012 - 2:44pm
Thanks Kristy - I had never seen that board before but will definitely check it out.

Cynthia