Vitamins

iVillage Member
Vitamins
Tue, 09-18-2012 - 2:03pm

Do any of you give a daily multivitamin to your kids?  If so, what age did you start?

A few weeks ago we had a really bad cold go through our house.  Angie got her first fever ever and the cold lasted about a week with the most miserable weekend we have ever had.  DH also got the cold really bad and I only got some minor symptoms with the worst of it never really hitting me.  Somehow Marissa didn't appear effected at all.

The only explaination I can think of for the difference in how Mari and I reacted versus Angie and DH is that I take a multivitamin and Mari has all the vitamins in her formula.  I am going to ask her pediatrician about it but I'm curious what others are doing about making sure kids get enough vitamins.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
In reply to: cj_mom2b
Thu, 09-20-2012 - 9:41am

Because of Bfing it was recommended that Ashley get tri-vi-sol daily as an infant so we did that.  Once she started more solid foods they recommended moving to poly-vi-sol so she got that daily until her 12 month appointment.  At that time the doctor said we could skip the daily vitamin suppliments as long as Ashley was getting enough fruits/vegetables and sunshine every day.....which she absolutely does.  So if Angie is eating a good balanced diet, the vitamins might not matter so much?  But I'm definitely curious to hear what your doctor has to say.....as it seems like doctors differ in opinion on a lot of things.....

iVillage Member
In reply to: cj_mom2b
Wed, 09-19-2012 - 12:07am
Z still breastfeeds on top of food so I am assuming he gets all he needs. I don't take a vitamin though and we don't get sick too much.