What are they eating now?

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
What are they eating now?
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 12:14pm

Just curious to findout what kinds of things everyone's LO are eating these days?  What is a typical day's worth of meals for your LO?

Jenna FINALLY has a tooth and can now start to bite into things that she couldn't really have before.

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-06-2012 - 2:02pm

Ashley eats too many things to list here....but what I haven't given her yet: nuts, chips, pretzels, peanut butter, chocolate 

Otherwise, she basically eats what we eat - unless it's a choking hazard or allergy concern.  I still make sure to cut things into small pieces, although she does like to bite off her own size from a larger piece of food...I find if I leave her to do that with everything she'll end up stuffing it in her mouth and choking or spitting it back out.

I LOVE that I can go to a restaurant and just order her something off the menu....no more carrying around baby food :smileyhappy:

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-07-2012 - 4:30pm

Angie eats pretty much anything - she even had some of DH's buffalo chicken fingers dipped in hot sauce and was asking for more.

I have only recently given her a hot dog and she really liked it so that is something new to have in the house for quick/easy food (just need to find the nitrate free kind).

On a regular basis I give Angie cheese sticks (either cut into small pieces or hand her the whole stick, depends on my mood or situation).  I also almost always have grapes in the house but I still cut those in half and snack time is often a graham cracker (her favorite) or a cup of Chex cereal.

I cut almost everything into bite sized pieces.  Even though she stuffs her mouth full I at least know that if she swallows something by accident it won't be a monstrous size for her tiny throat.

The only foods I avoid are things that are too crunchy - like nuts, hard chips, etc. But Angie has always been really good about eating almost anything.  She is just starting to get a little pickier and will play with the foods she doesn't want to eat.

Cynthia