worried. Ugh.

iVillage Member
worried. Ugh.
Tue, 10-26-2010 - 5:03pm

So, I am a terrible lurker and was trying to wait until an ultrasound to really introduce myself just because I am crazy nervous or something. I don't know. I feel like I already tempted fate already by telling my parents/sister/best friends that we're expecting. But now here I am beause I'm hoping to hear from others (good or bad) that have been through this... I have an appointment tomorrow because I've been having some spotting... and some has been red not just pink/light brown.

I am trying to tell myself that some bleeding is normal/ok but I am really worried. I feel like they would have said "oh unless xyz happens it's OK" when I called today but instead they are having me come in and said if bleeding gets worse/heavier to go to the ER.

Sig for PJs

Thanks to Melinda for the cutie-p
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-26-2010 - 5:22pm

Unfortunately what will happen will happen :( Worrying won't make it worse or better. I hope the time passes quickly so you know for sure-and will send sticky vibes, too. :(

I worried like crazy with my first. This one I'm not so worried, but if I were having bleeding I'd be really anxious, too, so I think its normal to be worried. Hopefully you'll get an answer soon...

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-26-2010 - 5:57pm
Thanks. I caught some down time from my 3-year-old (thanks to Word World) to look around on the internet about first trimester bleeding. Usually, online research of medical issues leads to me telling my husband I have the latest and greatest in crazy diseases (because obviously that headache is meningitis or a stroke ;) ) But I thought this link was a good one: http://www.babyzone.com/pregnancy/trimesters/first_trimester/article/bleeding-first-trimester-causes (If anyone else out there is having this issue)
Sig for PJs

Thanks to Melinda for the cutie-p
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-26-2010 - 6:26pm

I know how you feel about tempting fate, but announcing only gets you more support, as long as you only announce to very caring individuals. My sister had some first trimester bleeding that ended up being nothing. In fact, I've heard that 50% of pregnancies that have bleeding in the first trimester go on to be healthy. I'm sorry you're going through this, though. When you go in to the doctor, they will probably do a tranvaginal ultrasound to see if there is a pregnancy, if it's in the right spot, and if they can see a heartbeat. Depending on how far along you are, you might not see a heartbeat, and that would be normal. If the pregnancy appears healthy, they will probably schedule another ultrasound in a few weeks.

Photobucket
Community Leader
Tue, 10-26-2010 - 6:44pm
I'm so sorry you are worried and going through this right now Susie. I hope you get some good news tomorrow at your appointment. I'm sending lots of sticky vibes your way! P&PT!
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-26-2010 - 9:30pm

I am so sorry you are going through this. It is really hard to wait. Try and stay calm. Bleeding is quite common in pregnancy. Do your very best to stay positive and wait until you have information, blood tests u/s, before you jump to conclusions. I know easier said than done. Sending you lots of sticky vibes!

Pink Haired Mamma