Are you going with a Theme for the Nursery?

iVillage Member
Are you going with a Theme for the Nursery?
Fri, 06-17-2011 - 8:33am

I know a lot of us are still waiting to find out what we are having, however, I know from the moment I got pregnant, I started looking at all the little themes out there for bedding and more if I was having a boy or a girl.

Photobucket <a href="htt

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-17-2011 - 10:39am
I was just going to reuse the bedding we have either way. :) Since it's another girl, and she'll be sharing a room with dd, I don't have to do anything really! Just get dd a new bed and bedding, and we're done. :)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-17-2011 - 2:42pm

We were team green last time so our bedding is a brown with orange, green and blue polka dots and giraffees.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-17-2011 - 3:58pm
When we moved my son to his new room we did a sports theme. It is really cool. It's an off white on top, and around the bottom half of 2 of the walls it's green like sod and I painted white Yard lines, like in football. Then the rest is decorated with baseball, basketball, football, and soccer. He really likes it. :)
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-17-2011 - 4:18pm
I have 2 sets of crib bedding, one from each kid... So I really should just use those but gosh it is tempting to shop for new! I probably wouldn't do a theme, but just stick with tans and blues for a boy and maybe shades of purple for a girl since Allie's room is all pink.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-17-2011 - 4:40pm

Julie, that's a really, really cool sounding room!!

If it turns out to be a girl, I so want to 'girl it up' in the nursery.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-17-2011 - 5:49pm

My DS's room has been in done nothing but Disney Cars, and even if we have another boy, I don't want to reuse his stuff. We've already decided that for this baby we're doing a Zoo/Jungle theme, that way it will work for either a boy or girl.

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=7720&e=nurserynest

This is the crib bedding we're going to use. :) Just have to wait until August for it to be available for purchase. lol

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-18-2011 - 3:04pm

We will be using hand-me-downs. We have all the Classic Pooh in pale yellow and green from Target. It's in DD's room now, and since we are likely having another girl (still not 100% sure) it will all stay there since eventually they will share a room. Baby will be staying in our room for several months anyway.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-18-2011 - 5:10pm
Thanks Katie! :)
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-19-2011 - 9:59am
When we bought our house years ago, we painted the 'extra' room sea foam green knowing it would be a nursery at some point.

#2 and DD will be sharing a room no matter what, so if #2 is a boy - the room will stay green. If #2 is a girl - DD will get to pick out a new paint color for the wall and we'll get some bedding to match and 'girl' it up a little bit. We didn't full-on decorate a nursery for DD, so it would be fun to do this time.

c'mon team pink!
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-19-2011 - 11:02am
I really didn't do much for DS when he was born. We bought used bedding that I wasn't in love with but they worked. It was neutral colors, green and yellow (little bit of purple) as a frog prince and princess so we painted the walls yellow.

We just moved so we go the chance to totally change his bedroom and he has a cars theme. Not disney cars... just cars. The walls are painted blue on top and green on bottom (although not totally done since we did JUST move). When it's done I'm either putting up a white chair border or a road wall border if I can find one and we have wall decals of clouds for the blue part and cars/trucks/etc for the green or road. I'm going to put up road signs that we're going to make out of form board that I found on a cool website so I'm excited.

For the baby, I'm thinking Classic Winnie the Pooh but I'm not sure yet. I'll decide completely once we find out if it's a boy or girl.

Pages