Baby Books

iVillage Member
Baby Books
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 6:03pm

I have a few weeks before my life gets extremely crazy with our move, so I want to get started putting together or at least coming up with ideas for baby books. But I'm not sure where to start! I can't decide if I want to do a scrapbook style or buy one to fill in. I definitely want to do 3 so I'm feeling a sense of urgency to do as much now before they're born. Any ideas how/where to start?

Photobucket Forever Missing Our Angels ~ May 2010 ~ August 2010 ~ October 2010 

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: kmjack831
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 6:07pm
I'm doing a digital scrapbook with my DS and will with DD as well. I have to admit though, things were seriously delayed since he was born just before Christmas too :) I tried to do a physical scrapbook for him, but I just got SOO far behind and it was just to much to pull everything out, keep the baby/toddler out of it, and clean it up when done. It's much faster, easier, and cheaper to go digital for me. Although I haven't actually printed it into a book yet. I have 2 1/2 years to print now :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 6:29pm
I couldn't imagine doing 3 at once, but I like to do an actual scrapbook for the first year. I got really behind on my DS's, but found time to catch up once he was a little older. When I was pregnant last time around, I pre-made some scrapbook pages of events that I knew would be used...like for bathtimes, napping pictures, etc. They were easy to use once the baby was here and I didn't have as much time to create an actual page. I need to start doing that for this little one.

After the first year, I did more of a "family" album, than an album just for that child. I'm not sure what I'll do with 2 kids, though. Because I'd like for them to have a scrapbook of their own that they can have when they get older, so I might go back to making individual albums for each kid.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 6:52pm
I did a 8x8 scrapbook for my first 2 children and it was a lot of time and energy but I didn't do them until after their first year. I wanted to get their entire year into one book. I guess it would have been easeir to do it as time passed but I waited. For my 3rd, I'm still working on it. LOL But I started putting a book together on Snapfish (I have made several deployment photo books for hubby and they turned out AMAZING) for him. I like the idea of digital now because it's so much easier, less expensive and less to pull out and mess with. JMO. :)

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 7:34pm
Think im gonna do a reg baby book cause well im lazy.. Prob will do a scrapbook later though

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 9:00pm

I did a scrap book for my DS because I didn't find a baby book I liked.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 9:03pm
I hadn't even thought about going digital. I put together all of our wedding photos into an album using Shutterfly and it turned out really nice so that's definitely an option. Yet something else to think about now!
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 9:37pm
With the digital, just a suggestion, with each child, I did their 1st year independently....after they got over 1, I did family albums for the year with little quotes or stories to go under the collections of pictures that went with those events or outings. It's nice they have their 1st year and than the years to come are special family albums. Just a thought...sometimes it's hard to keep up with it all the older they get. They do all have special boxes that include school things, envelopes with their tooth and when and how they lost it, etc.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 11:42pm
Stupid question how u do it digital?

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 12:14am
Regardless of how I do it I'll definitely do 3...they're 3 different people so they deserve their own. And this is why I want to get a jump start now!
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-19-2011 - 12:19am
How I did my wedding album was upload the photos to a site like Shutterfly, and organize the photos on different pages of an album. They had templates for different occasions and you have the ability to change borders around pics, add text and determine how many photos per page. The finished product is a book with everything printed directly on the pages. It looks very professional and we ordered copies for parents very easily too. I just can't decide if I want to do it like this or more of an art project...

Pages