Baby List...

iVillage Member
Baby List...
Sun, 07-17-2011 - 8:00pm

Ok starting to freak out about baby stuff lol... Dh wants to wait but ill just present my list and maybe he will be like wow ok.. Anyways hers what i got (that we need) Already have playyard and travel system. Am i forgetting anything mostly concerned about the first month or so.

1-2 big boxes of size one diapers

Diaper Pail

Diaper Bag

3-4 sleepers

5 shirts with snaps (to allow umbilical cord to dry)

lotsa onsies (we live in az)

4 booties/socks

3-4 outfits

hat

2 nursing bras

disposable nursing pads

Burp Clothes

Wash Clothes

1-2 bath towels

Baby wash

Diaper Creme

Baby Clippers

Aspirator (even though think ill get one from hospital?)

Thermometre

3-4 recieving blankets

1 big blanket

Boppy

Swing

Bouncy seat

Photobucket

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-17-2011 - 8:50pm
gas drops

infant tylenol

mitts

paci just in case. even if you don't plan to use one, baby may be a sucker.

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-17-2011 - 9:44pm
You'll get a thermometer and aspirator in the hospital. I would say more socks and outfits. Babies tend to spit up alot lol. I'd say newborn diapers not size 1 if your saying the first month. I didn't use the swing till much later:) and never used a diaper pail:)
~JACKIE

MOMMY TO
~TRAVIS JAMES DEAN 12/6/06
~ALAINA NOELLE DEAN 6/30/09 EDD DEC 16TH
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-17-2011 - 10:13pm
I think you have it covered...Can I suggest a package of cloth diapers...here's why, I discovered that I leaked a lot at night and I would place a diaper across my chest before putting on my night nursing bra and it was so helpful and absorbent, otherwise, I'd go through 10 pads a night...that's a lot of washing and they get expensive. Plus Cloth diapers work for burp cloths and to go under sheet for extra protection etc. ;)

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 12:42am

That is a great list for a week or two LOL! just kidding, but really newborns go through about a box of diapers a week, so you might want to up that, and even though we are in az, it is going to be chilly, you might want to go with a few more sleepers. When they are newborns and sleeping alot, they are easier to handle with a sleeper on than layers of clothes and blankets. You migh want to get 2-3 nursing bras, and 2 sleep nursing bras. (http://birthandbaby.com/shop/products/99 I LOVE this one and have bought 4-5 with each kid, especially for days I am home with the baby. You would be surprised how much you leak especially the first month) You also might want atleast one bottle for emergencies. I had food poisoning once with my first dd and I was way too dehydrated to nurse. I sign up for formula websites and put that you are nursing and they send tons of samples. If you are planning on breastfeeding, the samples should be enough to keep you for emergencies. Also, becuase we swaddled, we went through about 3 recieving blankets a day.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 1:19pm

Definitely gas drops like Mylicon. They were a life saver for us. If you are going to BF, just a suggestion... The Boppy never worked well for me as the pillow kept sliding out causing the baby to slide as well. A better option IMO which I found out from my LC was to use a pillow called My Brest Friend. It worked so much better and strapped around the waist to prevent slippage.

Photobucket Thanks to mom2emsopmax for the bea
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 2:02pm

I agree with the "good for the first week" lol.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 4:04pm
Thanks ladies! Gonna get a little start on some things today. Showed dh list and hes like a little baby needs that much? Hah yes dear now he sees why i dont wanna wait. Im bdtd mom but been so long pretty much startin over. what bf supplies do u guys suggest to get beforehand? Dh is afraid she wont be able to bf so dont wann get Lot of bf things :(

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 4:42pm
BFing items I always stock up on are Nursing Bras. My favorite is the wrap nursing bra http://www.motherhood.com/Product.asp?Product_Id=975400120&MasterCategory_Id=MC13 Its so comfy to sleep in and to use when you're at home and don't need to impress! ;) I like washable pads better than disaposable because I tend to go through so many and I gave you my suggestion for night time use. I LOVE the boppy. I know a pp had said she didn't like it and used the breast friend. I haven't tried that but the boppy worked well for me with all 3 kiddos. As far as Pumping goes...a double electric pump does well. A good one costs around $130-140 or you can go for the big cheese ones that cost more. Storage containers or bags and Tommee Tippee or Dr. Brown both have bottles that I really liked when going from breast to bottle. Other than that...burp clothes, nipple cream for the beginning and...I think that's it. I might be forgetting something but I know our BTDT lovely ladies will jump in. :D

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 9:08pm

Agree with more nursing bras and burp clothes to put under the other side because you will leak a ton.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-18-2011 - 9:33pm
Good reminders Katy, especially with the Vaseline. I LOVE the swaddle me wraps. I didn't swaddle my first 2, discovered the wraps with my 3rd and wow, what a difference in him being comforted and sleeping. They're a must...at least 2.

Photobucket <a href="htt

Pages