c section recovery tips?

iVillage Member
c section recovery tips?
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 8:55am

So due to placenta previa, I have a c-section scheduled for this Wednesday, 11/16. I'm terrified fo a c-section. I had 4th degree tears and 4 months of healing with my son.... so....... guess it could be worse!

Any suggestions from those who have had c sections?

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 9:02am
Mine is scheduled for today.
My biggest tips are take it really easy physically to let yourself fully heal. Only do the things you have to do to take care of LO & yourself. BUT start walking around regularly as soon as they let you in the hospital. It's really more shuffling than walking at that point, but it does help & makes you feel better.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 9:22am
Hi Jessica,

I wanted to share a link with you to the Cesarean Birthing Support board here on iVillage. The members there should have a lot of feedback and advice to share with you and I know they'd love to hear from you. Wishing you the very best of luck!

Cesarean Birthing Support- http://forums.ivillage.com/ivillage/?category.id=iv-ppcsection

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 9:57am
I am almost 6 wks pp from mine. I say walk around as soon as they let you. Dont try to be super woman with pain. Staying on top of pain with meds helped alot. Try to rest and take it easy as much u can for the first two wks at least. And make sure u have stool softners lol hth! Gl :))

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-14-2011 - 3:26pm
Good luck! I've had 2 (1st breach baby and 2nd repeat) and they aren't so bad, but they seem to be amazed how well I do so maybe I'm diff. Some things I learned, get or ask for a belly band to wear post preg. It helps a lot. I got one the 2nd time and can tell the diff. I wear it all day and take it off at night, however when I was in the hosp I wore it both day and night. Some places use a type of morphine in the spinal anesthesia, it made me so sick the first time so I asked for something else the 2nd go around and let me tell you worlds of diff. I wasn't "drug drunk" so completely aware and in my right mind, well as best as you can be in that situation. They gave me a pca (patient controlled anesthesia) it took a bit to get the dose figured out, but I'm so glad I did that. You will have a urinary catheter for the first 24hrs depending on your hosp. At first I wanted it out, but if your on IV fluids and drinking water you don't want to have to get up all the time. Get up and walk walk, it helps so much, also helps to prevent clots. Drink TONS of water, it helps flush your system. Some other things you might not know and would be nice to. When your in surgery they will strap your arms down. I didn't mind, but you could prob ask them not to, depending on hosp policy they prob can take them off. I wore an O2 mask until she was delivered, smells funny and the mask got hot, but other then that ok. Just remember to take slow deep breaths. Also your chest may feel strange or your breathing weird, it scared me so I asked my nurse anest. Norma, but if your feeling anything the worries you or anything, just ASK. Also the first time I had horrible pain in my neck/shoulder it's normal and is deferred pain from abdominal surgery. Might not bother you if on good pain meds, but I'm allergic to stuff so was just on Tylenol and motrin. Bring your camera in, they will let hubby take pics. You'll do fine, hang in there and let us know how it goes.