Contraception

iVillage Member
Contraception
Fri, 12-16-2011 - 4:01pm
What do you plan to do for birth control? As I am BFing my options are limited, but we don't want to conceive anytime soon (and if up to DH never again). After DS we simply used condoms as I am terrible with remembering pills and filling my RX every month. I knew we planned to conceive shortly after I stopped BFing so never got another script for BC. This time around I plan to do Mirena so I can just forget about it. OB said I may not have a period at all once she puts it in. That sounds great to me! I have heard good and bad about Mirena so we shal see if I like it.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-16-2011 - 4:10pm
I'm going with the Mirena but my last iud fell out. DH is going on the list for snipping but it's 6 months at our base so in the meantime, I hope the Mirena works and stays put. :)

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-17-2011 - 4:59am
I had mrena for over 2 years & loved it while I had it.
Jill, mommy to Chloe, almost 5, Oliver, 3 & baby Ella born 12-1-11 !
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-19-2011 - 9:50am
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to stop by and share with you all that iVillage has a great Birth Control board that you may find of some help as you decide on the best option for your situation. I'm sure the ladies there would love to hear from you and share their feedback and advice. Best of luck to you!

Birth Control- http://forums.ivillage.com/t5/Birth-Control/ct-p/iv-bhcontracept

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-19-2011 - 11:35am
I need something as my Dr. said that my uterus was so thinned out he was barely able to stitch it back together. If I got pregnant again it's very likely that it could rupture before I got to term. So, needless to say,we are done.
I like the idea of something I can just forget about, but the idea of an IUD scares me a little.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-19-2011 - 1:03pm
I got the Mirena 2 weeks ago and I'm breastfeeding. Everything I've read says it's safe while nursing. But some may experience decreased supply. I've always had ample supply, so this has not been an issue for me. Good luck!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-20-2011 - 10:43pm
Luckily I had my tubes tied, since I'm still waiting for DH to get his 'procedure' done lol
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-20-2011 - 11:09pm
I am BFing but we are so done with birth control. DH refuses to let me go on even after we're done BFing...I've never considered an IUD because I think it would freak DH out. We're going to stick with condoms for now.
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-05-2012 - 6:56pm
Hi - I know it is a matter of personal choice, but I don't recommend you Mirena and any IUD and hormonal pills - not only because of side effects, but because they simply act as abotifacients while using them, you can still have "breakthrough ovulation", which occurs in millions of women each year. You can still conceive a baby, who because of synthetic hormones cannot attach to the uterine lining and....dies....for me it is first reason not to take it.....

There are many better alternatives - we successfully follow natural family planning methods - and for us they are great.... elevating for our relationship....there are also fertility computers, which recognise fertilie and non-fertile days with 99% percent of accuracy.....you can google that....

Good luck

Cheers