Do you feel the need to impress by sharing your weight gain?

iVillage Member
Do you feel the need to impress by sharing your weight gain?
Mon, 07-25-2011 - 1:18pm

This article was on Today's Moms about Jenny McCarthy posting a picture of her on her twitter page where she states her enormous weight gain.

Photobucket <a href="htt

Pages

iVillage Member

Nope. I never really gained that much in my last pregnancy or this one either. I'm self concious about my weight ti begin with so I don't like calling attention to any gain.

Photobucket Thanks to mom2emsopmax for the bea
iVillage Member
Most people I know IRL struggle with losing baby weight so I haven't seen this too much. But when celebrities have their personal trainers, nutritionists and extra money to help with the weight loss, not to mention motivation for maintaining an image/size for a role, it's a bit out of touch...it's just a different world. Hard work just the same, but different.

I've gained about 35lbs so far and I wasn't skinny to begin with, but what would surprise most people isn't the amount of gain but that I just passed the 200lb mark. So far I'm mostly belly so I don't think I look it, but I'm also short and it could take good effort to get it off. But a triplet belly is never the same when all is said and done...
Photobucket Forever Missing Our Angels ~ May 2010 ~ August 2010 ~ October 2010 
iVillage Member

As a larger girl, I am more proud of the fact that I have only gained 5 lbs...

Photobucket
iVillage Member

I'm with Dylan, as a larger person, i am glad to say i haven't gained any weight.

----"Never give up on something that you can't stop thinking about every second of every day."----

Chris 

iVillage Member
I only gained 12 lbs each baby but only my mommy groups know that. :)
~JACKIE

MOMMY TO
~TRAVIS JAMES DEAN 12/6/06
~ALAINA NOELLE DEAN 6/30/09 EDD DEC 16TH
iVillage Member

I am kind of inspired by the people that gain a lot of wait and then are able to lose it. It gives me some hope! Mostly I feel like people that gain a lot of weight had some trouble losing it.

iVillage Member
I'm always jealous of everyone who gains so very little. It's not fair because I don't know what it is that I'm doing so different from everyone else but I end up gaining SO much and I realize that being older, I'm going to have to work even harder to loose it but I seriously, am doing everything I can to not gain all the weight and it's just no use. :P So I guess there is jealousy no matter how you look at it. ;)

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
So far I feel very lucky as far as weight gain. I weigh 3 lbs less now then I did at 6 weeks. My doctor says it was because of the first trimester, where weight loss is common. But I never had morning sickness or nausea. Hopefully I won't gain a ton in the third trimester!!
iVillage Member
Let me elaborate on my little weight gain. I only gained 12 with each child but I gained 40in between just from being a sahm and overeating
~JACKIE

MOMMY TO
~TRAVIS JAMES DEAN 12/6/06
~ALAINA NOELLE DEAN 6/30/09 EDD DEC 16TH
iVillage Member

I know that weight gain is a healthy and necessary part of pregnancy, but I still hate it.

Photobucket

Pages