Goodtimes

iVillage Member
Goodtimes
Sun, 07-10-2011 - 8:49pm
So, I'm at my parents house in Florida and have been since the 1st. and the Mosquitos have been vicious!! I have so many bites that putting itch cream wasn't helping, so I took actual benedryl and now I'm tired. Go figure!!

On top of this I'm getting anxious for the big U/S this Wednesday. I'm worried about being upset if my peanut is another boy and not a girl. and then my best friend is coming for a visit the next day.

Has anyone else had a lot of stuff happen like this?
iVillage Member
In reply to: psawyer213
Sun, 07-10-2011 - 10:36pm
Ugh, bug bites are the worst! I'm at my mom's right now and being attacked by fleas and it's horrible. Bugs love my blood...they'll stay away from everyone around and flock to me. On our honeymoon, I had to go to the ER (in Aruba where everything was in Dutch) because I was bit in 3 places and my knee swelled so bad. It was disgusting, I was put on drugs and it put a huge damper on our trip. Basically we need a hm do-over. lol

I always get anxiety before my appts, and last week I couldn't even eat before my anatomy scan. And drinking water gave me heartburn, which I haven't had since the 1T. When we found out last month about the sexes I was worried I'd be disappointed but the health always trumps it for me. I don't have kids already but we definitely wanted a mix so I see where you're coming from. If you are disappointed, you're definitely not alone and not the first to desire one sex over another. I think you'll be happy when the baby is born, regardless of the sex, and the anxiousness leading up to knowing will probably be worse than the actual news.

Ok, now this darn flea bite is itching!

Photobucket Forever Missing Our Angels ~ May 2010 ~ August 2010 ~ October 2010 
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 9:00am
I was worried about my US too but I told myself that a girl would be great so then I'd have one of each. But, if it was a boy... DS would have a little brother and there's just something so special about the bond between brothers. He could play with him, wrestle, and do things that he just wouldn't do with a little sister, and I would never want to get upset over that.

I was so worried about it infact, that I just conveniced myself I was having another boy. When they told me it was a girl, I was honestly in shock and it's STILL sinking in. Either way, I would have been happy though. GL at your U/S. Sorry to hear about the bugs (I'm in FL too and I just try not to go outside at all!). And I'm sure the visit from your friend will just be fun :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-11-2011 - 11:50am

The mosquitos seem to love preganant women! Lol.

I always get anxious before my appts, especially the u/s's.

Photobucket Thanks to mom2emsopmax for the bea