How are you already preparing for baby?

iVillage Member
How are you already preparing for baby?
Thu, 05-19-2011 - 9:03am

Do you have hand me downs from your older children?

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-19-2011 - 9:52am
So far I've done nothing. Our lives are hectic until DS finishes up his school year at the special school district next week which involves me or DH needing to be home every day at 3:30 to get him off of the bus inspire of our demanding jobs. I have hired a house keeper to come 1/week, that will free me up to organize our basement, paint our guest room where dd will be moving, get her moved. I have purchased a deep freezer... We were too poor to buy 1 with both previous kids, but since I pump and store milk like a crazy person, it is needed. In the past I have carted sacks of the stuff back and forth between my inlays who live 30 minutes away. I need to buy a new infant. Car seat, our current model is almost 6 years old which is when they "expire" according to what I read. I also want to get a video camera before the arrival. We have the rest of the big stuff. I will have to repaint the nursery depending on the gender, and buy new clothes... Since both of my previous kiddos were summer babies, I don't have the right size for the right season...(all 0-3 month stuff is summer, and I will need winter etc.). I guess that's about it. Oh, almost forgot, desperately need a new car. Our mustang can actually hold all 4 of us, but won't be able to do 5!
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-19-2011 - 10:20am
I'm right there with you! We need a new car too!! In fact, since DH deployed, we sold our SUV because we knew it'd be too small and that way we can save on a car payment for 6 months and put it towards....*gulp* a MiniVan!!!

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-19-2011 - 11:03am
I have not done a thing! And can't until I tell my kidlets they have a baby sibling coming.

But, overall, I'm pretty relaxed over it. This is #5 and I know that there is very little that baby has to have in the beginning. Most everything else is a want.

I do have a double stroller but will need an infant seat. Baby will need clothes regardless since none of my other babies are autumn babies. My sister is due in June. If I have a boy. I will be setting pretty for onsies & footy pjs.

Of course, in three months, I probably won't be so calm. I do want to have a lot of make a head meals for my deep freezer.

We plan to build or buy a larger home. My husband moves really slow with most things. First, he has to decided which is better cost wise. THEN, make the plans (It took 6 months to buy our first mini-van) So, I've learned to just make due. I don't really like it but what else can I do. He's like this with most purchases. Argueing only makes everyone in the house unhappy.

;-P I will have the larger house at a great price - just later than I would like.

Deven, homeschooling mommy of Kol, Jul, Elle, Liv & baby #5 due 11/16. Three Sweethearts in Heaven;

;-P Not bad for 11 years of marriage!

http://fromthedepthsofacreativeheart.w

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-19-2011 - 12:03pm
All I have done so far is bought a crib and made a list of a few things I will need - changing pad, room decor, infant carseat, single stroller, another diaper genie, and newborn diapers. I have 16 month old boy girl twins so I will be set for clothes, bouncy seat, swing, toys, and other essentials whether this baby is a boy or a girl.

I am really anxious to find out the sex so we can get started on the nursery! We are converting a guest room/office so we will have a lot of work to do to get it ready for the baby.

Also, we need to sell our suv and get a minivan. It is really our only practical option with three in caresses and all the stuff that goes along with three under two.

Breanna
Boy/girl twins, Ethan Neil and Gracyn Marie were born January 7, 2010!
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-19-2011 - 12:04pm
* 3 in car seats (stupid auto correct)
Boy/girl twins, Ethan Neil and Gracyn Marie were born January 7, 2010!
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-19-2011 - 12:09pm
We have to get everything too think his family wants to throw a baby sure being pal really makes me wanna wait till closer to mid tri to get anything

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-19-2011 - 2:43pm
We still have quite a bit to do. The major thing we need to do is decide if we want to transition our 2 year old to a bed, or get another crib. Anyone with older kids have any suggestions about this? He doesn't seem to mind the crib and has never crawled out. He just turned 2 last month.
Other than that, we have strollers, all of the major stuff and plenty of toys. Just need new car seats for the cars. Will have to wait to find out gender and buy clothes as needed, as well as decorating the room (which is currently occupied by my quilting/craft area!)
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-19-2011 - 4:28pm
I have done absolutely nothing! We're getting ready to put our house up for sale, so that has consumed most of my time the past couple of weeks. I have lots and lots of stuff from my two kids, so there will be very little that I need. I'll wait until we find out the gender to pick out furniture, and then I'll just have to buy a few things like a new swing since ours was shot after 2 kids. I saw those new Nap Nannies, and I really want to get one of those even though we don't really need it!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-19-2011 - 5:34pm
I saw those too and thought how perfect! Kinda wish they had them for my older 3 but I don't know why I'd need a Nap Nanny but I'll come up with some reason :)

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-19-2011 - 5:53pm

I thought my fifth child was my last, so I got rid of all our strollers, the baby swing, etc.

Dawn, DS-12, DD-10, DD-7, DD-5, DD-2, and EDD 11-11-11