hypnobirthing

iVillage Member
hypnobirthing
Sun, 07-24-2011 - 10:53pm

When I had my son, I had an epidural after some terrible back labor (he was sunny side up and couldn't get out...until he finally flipped over after 3 hrs of pushing). I ended up having terrible headaches for about a month or two after he was born. I know this is not always

Stephanie

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-25-2011 - 9:18am
I've never used it, however I just purchased the HypnoBabies home study program. It was delivered Friday, so I started it this weekend. So far I have done 2 of the sessions with the CDs. I became so relaxed yesterday that I fell asleep. I did another session this morning before work, and I felt so good afterward! I figure if nothing else, at least this is helping me to relax during the pregnancy (and God knows I need help in that department)!

Our hospital offers the Hypnobirthing class, however it wasn't very convenient for me. I work full time, and I didn't want to spend every Tuesday night away from home and leave the kids with our nanny for a full day. My DH works long hours, so it's really important to me to get home and spend as much time as I can with them in the evenings.

As far as cost, the class at the hospital was around $250, and the HypnoBabies material was $150. I also did some research online, and it seemed like HypnoBabies had a ton of positive feedback...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-25-2011 - 10:18am

I am glad to hear someone else is trying this. I am reading the book right now and then once I am done, I will start listening to the music. It seems very relaxing. I think the class by us is around the 250.00 mark as well. I am using the book from my friend and she borrowed me her cd's. The one thing that was unusual for me and I think going to be very hard is to not push during labor. Not sure if you looked into the book yet, but I guess I didn't know you could just "breathe" down your baby. I guess we shall see. I can foresee the nurses saying push and me just pushing regardless of what the books says :) lol

Stephanie

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-25-2011 - 12:00pm
Last time I was preggo, I couldn't afford much, but I had a book and 1 CD. I used to get so relaxed doing the CD I could hardly get up from the couch to go to bed. I wound up with a c-section (fetal intolerance to labor). This time I have purchased the hypbabies DVD collection from Amazon ($128) I haven't started watching it yet, but I figure it was worth a try... I'm trying to VBAC after 2 csections. I still need to order a DVD player for my bedroom so that I can do my lesson's in bed, and stay there to sleep :)
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-25-2011 - 12:35pm
I didn't know they sold DVDs too! I got the CDs from the hypnobabies website and copied them onto my ipod. Let me know how you like it!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-25-2011 - 12:37pm
My DH is a manager at one of the Anheuser-Busch breweries. I swear, he might as well move in there! If he's not at work, his stupid Nextel cell phone is beeping with people from work bugging him! LOL. He has about 45 mile commute each way, but it takes about an hour and a half on the way home each night with traffic. Grr!
Photobucket