Hypnobirthing

iVillage Member
Hypnobirthing
Thu, 05-05-2011 - 8:42am

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if anyone has experience with hypnobirthing? I would love to attempt to go all natural (no epidural) this time. My hospital offers a hypnobirthing class, and I also found a Hypno Babies website where you can order the material and do the course work at home.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
In reply to: sara_ou
Thu, 05-05-2011 - 12:10pm
I haven't done it before but a good friend just sent me the book and it's next up after I finish the book I'm currently reading.. People swear by it. I went with no epidural last time with pitocin and made it through with saying a lot of F bombs so hoping this time it's a little more laid back, lol.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-05-2011 - 1:36pm
I've only known one other mom who did the self-study (she was on strict bed rest), and she still ended up with an epidural. I was really mad at DH when I mentioned this to him, his first words were "You don't want to try that without an epidural!" What is boils down to is that he doesn't want to have to watch me go through the pain. But I love the main point that I have read on all the hypnobirthing websites: it's not SUPPOSED to be so painful, but our own fears and preconceived notions make it that way. It just really made sense to me...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-05-2011 - 1:37pm

I was wondering about it as well. A coworker of mine just took the course and she speaks highly of it, but is due with her baby at the end of June. I told her I will ask her about it then :) I really want to do without epidural as well. Let me know if you hear more on this! Thanks!!!

Stephanie

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-05-2011 - 3:58pm

Don't have any experience with the book or the course but I did have three epidural free births.

BabyFetus Ticker