I have a confession.....

iVillage Member
I have a confession.....
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 8:03am

I feel bad even admitting this but, maybe I'll feel better getting it out. This is our third and lsat child we plan on having. We have two AMAZING boys. With this being our last I get so many "I hope you have a girl!", even from strangers.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 8:11am

I totally understand.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 9:18am
Hugs I know the feeling dear. With my last pregnancy we knew it was our last ( so we thought) and I had 2 boys and all of my family had only had boys so there were no girls at all around. I had the pressure of my cousins and sister that it better be a girl. I was so sad and getting mad at my self about it before er had our scan to find out what it was. I thought for sure I would cry and be upset if I found out it was another boy and I was sure it was a boy because its all I could imagine it to be. Anyways, we had the ultrasound and it was our little girl. I was is such shock and then I couldn't even buy for her because I was still in denial. Hang in there sweety.
I do have a question for you though, did you ever cry with your other 2 boys? I never cried at anything really when I was pg with them then I was a sobbing mess when I was pg with my DD. Just wondering.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 10:27am

Britny, what you're feeling is TOTALLY normal.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 10:35am
I think it's totally ok to feel what you're feeling. I think it's natural that we want to have a daughter to share our experiences with. I would want to find out too, just so that I could mourn the idea of having a daughter, get it out of the way, and then when my baby comes can be completely happy. 1 thing is sure, no matter what you're having, you will love him or her to the ends of the earth.
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 11:33am

Probably a lot of this is your hormones making you upset, which is normal. I have to confess too that even though my teen daughter is a HANDFUL, I have been saying over and over that I wanted my twins to be boys. Well, now that we know they are boys,.................I was a little disappointed. I was surprised that my husband was also. I guess deep down, we both wanted one of each. Nothing we can do about it at this point.

Do you have nieces to spoil and spend time with? I'm thinking that when my daughter goes to college next year, that I'll be alone with my husband and three sons. I may need GIRL TIME more than usual. I may need to go get pedicures with my girlfriends more often or something.

Becky - mom to dd 15 and ds 13
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 11:49am

I know exactly how you feel.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-17-2011 - 2:53pm

Totally understand and am right there with you!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-17-2011 - 2:59pm

Thanks ladies! I knew you'd all understand that I'm not going to be sad that this baby is a boy, but I'll be sad that I will now never have a daughter. We do have a friend with a daughter but, our parenting styles are a bit different and we live states away. His brother and sister have no children yet and my younger brother doesn't either. We're the first of our friends/family to have kids as we started very young. (like 18 young).