Latest Symptoms?

iVillage Member
Latest Symptoms?
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 9:30am

Now that most of us are rolling into the 2nd trimester, we can usually say good-bye to the fun-filled 1st trimester symptoms.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 9:36am
I'm rolling into 18 weeks soon, YAY! And I was able to say good-bye to the morning sickness, which I was so happy to finally kick out the door. However, when one leaves, another invites himself in. ;) I still have headaches and heartburn (taking zantac) and heart palpitations which as of yesterday I'm wearing a monitor for the next 21 days. With that said, the palpitations have definitely slowed down so I'm pretty sure they're normal even though the NP wouldn't listen to me. :P

Anyhoo, my newest symptoms are shortness of breath which I read was hormone related and a lot of back pain (I have a weak back from injuries anyway). I hate to complain because I know I'm so super lucky to be pregnant. A friend of mine likes to tell me its too early for all of my issues but ya know, every woman is different so I apologize if you're floating through pregnancy without even stubbing a toe and I'm symptom filled with something new everyday. ;)

Anyone else have any issues?

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 9:41am

I will be 18 weeks at the end of this week and I'm amazed at

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 9:55am
I forgot our due dates were right around the same time Katie! :) I'm glad to hear your M/S is gone too. It's amazing the difference not having it makes...you almost get used to it and than when it's gone, it's like WOW, I put up with that for so many weeks?! ;)

My irritability level has increased too. I have a lot less patience and I feel bad when DH calls or skypes because it only takes one little thing for me to just get too irritated to really enjoy the call. :( Hopefully that goes away soon!

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 10:34am
Well, I finally got my appetite back so that has been a good thing! I'm still completely exhausted, but we have had a lot of personal stuff going on in our lives recently, so I haven't had much time to rest and relax like I should be. Because of the stress and being so tired, I'm definitely feeling irritable and hormonal. This week I feel like I could cry at the drop of a hat.

My biggest complaints are sciatica pains, and then also I've been really congested. I've had horrible sinus pressure and my allergies are a mess. I'm trying not to take a lot of medications, so I'm only taking things on the days when I can't function without some relief. I'm using my neti pot at least once a day, which helps quite a bit.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels kind of miserable and like there is always something wrong... I'm just not a happy pregnant lady. I love having a newborn and love everything about being a mommy, but pregnancy just stinks in my book!!! LOL
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 11:24am

Tammy, I'm with ya! I said I wouldn't complain when I got pg because I wanted it so bad and tried for so long... I was a liar! Don't get me wrong -

Tracie, proud 1st time Mommy to Jake! "Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future" - Oscar Wilde
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 11:52am
I swear girl, we are twins! ;) I'm with you on everything! The back pain is a real...pain! LOL I bought one of the support belts to help but sometimes, if I'm walking around a lot, it doesn't even help. I felt abused the other day because I ran some errands...I was maybe out for about 2 hours and paid the rest of the day.

I love that your belly button has almost popped out! That's great! Not for you but so cute! Mine is definitely stretching but hasn't come out yet. I'm sure when it does, the kids will have a field day with that one...especially my daughter.

I just went irritable on my DH for absolutely nothing. He wanted me to pay a couple bills but not all of them because he was going to do the rest on his end, he just couldn't remember the log in for 2 of them. Well that was enough to set me off asking if he thought I was just a woman with a vagina and a tiny brain and couldn't handle it. LOL What the heck got into me?! These hormones are killing me at times. :D

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 1:25pm
I am finally over the nausea (lasted until about 16 weeks)! I am still tired, but I am chasing 17 month old twins around all day and we have had a lot going on lately - traveling, weddings, etc. My main complaint is lower back/tailbone pain. My stomach is getting big so fast this time I am already feeling kind of miserable and I still have a long way to go and will only get bigger! I have also had round ligament pains.
Boy/girl twins, Ethan Neil and Gracyn Marie were born January 7, 2010!
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-15-2011 - 9:14pm

I am 17 weeks now and the nausea has been gone for a while now and I definately have my energy back which is nice.

Photobucket