Length of Cervix....help!!

iVillage Member
Length of Cervix....help!!
Wed, 07-13-2011 - 3:26pm
I went to the dr last week because I was spotting. They did an ultrasound and said that everything looked great and they figured it was just a blood vessel. I went back today for a follow-up u/s and my cervix has gone from 30mm to 25mm. They are slightly concerned and want me back next week again for a measurement. She said if it drops again then they will take me out of work! They like to keep it above 20mm! Anyone else had their cervix measured? I am 22 weeks on Friday!! Very worried, any insight would help!

Thanks, Wendy
Wendy
3 failed ivf
1 failed donor ivf
4 previous miscarriages
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-13-2011 - 4:02pm
I'm glad all looks normal and the spotting isn't a concern right now. Although, when is it never worrisome kwim? That's great news!

I started having cervix measurements last week, but it's generally not standard practice to do so unless there's a greater risk for complications so it's a good thing they got you in and are keeping close watch. A shortening cervix could be a sign of ptl and taking you off your feet is one way to help combat that. I'm definitely not an expert here but they could offer an emergency cerclage, I'm just not sure at what length they would make that determination.

I hope everything goes well. I'll keep you in my thoughts and kup when you go back.
Photobucket Forever Missing Our Angels ~ May 2010 ~ August 2010 ~ October 2010 
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-13-2011 - 6:30pm

Are you high risk? My dr checks mine once a month because im high risk.. As long as its over 3 cm hes happy it was 3.5cm last visit.. He prob just being precautious.. Just rest when you can and try not to worry.. And do whatever the drs say :) hang in there! and KUP

Photobucket

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-13-2011 - 6:40pm
I am high risk. I had ptl with my daughter. 3.5 is great! Mine was down to 25 mm........2.5 cm, so at almost 22 weeks, that is too short, I guess. I am willing to do anything, it is just so stressful. I hope waiting a week to measure again isn't too long!

Wendy
Wendy
3 failed ivf
1 failed donor ivf
4 previous miscarriages
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-13-2011 - 6:43pm

Your still within normal limits so try not to stress out yet (stress not good for baby :) ) Hope next check looks good!!! Will be thinkin of you

Photobucket

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-13-2011 - 6:47pm
Thanks!!! I tried to find what the ranges were, but couldn't find it! Thanks for the info.
Wendy
3 failed ivf
1 failed donor ivf
4 previous miscarriages
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-13-2011 - 8:52pm
I'm high risk also, and had mine last checked at 18w2d and was 5cm.

I don't know anything about those cervix numbers but I hope yours is good at your next check!