"Next Tues would be great for me" Seriously?

iVillage Member
"Next Tues would be great for me" Seriously?
Tue, 11-08-2011 - 6:01am

"Like around 5".

iVillage Member
Everyone used to say that.. But yay for my daughter not listening to everyone.. Wonder where she gets that from ?

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Oh, that stings! We don't need external pressures on us! Babies come when they come!

It didn't worry me too much but it did amuse me that DH requested I birth on a thursday or Friday so he could have extra time off work. FIL has offered some old school natural induction methods because he wants to book in work (semi-joking) and my Beautiful mother texts in the mornings to see if anythings happening? Lol. She has a good reason though, she's babysitting DS on the day.

Ah, it's funny because we, the women, are supposed to relax and put ourselves first, but our loved ones are all excited too and have their own interests to consider!

Good luck, hope that was the last of any such talk, and you can get on with gestating that bubba!
B, loving wife to L. Proud Mum to William Luke (22 months) and expecting Samuel James in November. >

iVillage Member
I am laughing because I had a very similar conversation with DH this weekend. In talking about induction next week hubby pops out with "Wednesday would work well for me". When I asked why he says, so I can go to hockey on Friday night. I tried calmly to inform him that wednesday may not work well as my mother who will watch DS does not arrive until wednesday evening. Also the OB gets to decide the date based on her schedule and baby may take more than a day to arrive if we induce. I think it would be rather amusing if baby decided to arrive the week or early next, before any induction just to throw a kink in his plans. I know DH is some what joking, so I am not upset about the comments, but do find it a little annoying that he it trying to plan to leave me alone with a new baby and a 2 year old 2 days after giving birth. Ummm I do not think so buddy. You can miss a hockey game.
Photobucket
iVillage Member

oh gosh I know how you all feel my mil is a super busy person and her youngest daughter is getting married next month so we are working around bridal showers etc...! LoL!

Especially Katy- with my last baby I was due the middle of March during playoffs and dh was talking to his friend who is also our ticket rep, and he ended up getting us 4 tickets for the last playoff game in an empty suite even though we only normally have 2 tickets so that we could bring all the kids and the baby and so that I would have a private couch to nurse on... it was actually pretty fun, and it was only 2 days after we got home from the hospital...

Photobucket