Photobucket <a href="htt

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 10:38am
Mil says shes throwin one but idk details yet lol

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 10:40am
No baby shower for me! I don't really need anything though, so it's okay... I only have to buy a swing and a high chair, I think I can handle that :)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 10:41am

I believe I am having one. My DD and My close cousin have asked me for a list of names and info. I just started the list. It has about 25 -30 people on it and I'm sure plenty won't be able to make it. I think it will be in early october. I registered at BabiesRUs and Baby Depot (Burlington). I have no clue on themes or anything like that. I haven"t had a baby in 8 years so i definitely need everything.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 10:54am

Since this is my third baby, I am not expecting one.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 10:57am
I am having a baby shower, since this is my first baby. My mother is going to throw it, and the guest list is a decent size because I have a big family. I'm not sure if my MIL is planning on throwing one, but since we live so far from my family I'll probably throw one around here. Not sure on that yet. My mom's shower's going to be the last weekend in September. She's doing a rubber ducky theme, and that's all I really know about it, I'm sure she's got it all planned out! :) I am not registered anywhere yet, is it too early?? I'm not sure... just enjoying being PG!!

Val
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 10:59am

Karen I think you should get one. I hope someone throws you a shower even if it is a small gathering, because 6 years is a good little gap between kids and they can't expect you to still have baby stuff. Good Luck!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 11:01am
My mom and sister are organizing my shower and it will be on 7/30. (Gotta do early for multiples!) invites went out over the weekend (mom made them, they're really cute) and there's not going to be a specific theme other than a combo of pink and blue decorations. I requested Mexican food so we'll probably order from a restaurant, which is odd because we ALWAYS make our own food for showers. It will be in the community room of a local church, which is where my sister's baby showers have been. Guest list is about 25-30 but I expect about 15 in attendance. We registered at BRU and Target for absolutely everything. ;-)
Photobucket Forever Missing Our Angels ~ May 2010 ~ August 2010 ~ October 2010 
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 11:06am
It's definitely not too early to register Val! :) A lot of women start a few weeks after they get confirmation from their Dr. that they are pregnant! ;)

I'm so jealous! I have never had a shower! :P They look like so much fun and you can't beat the free gifts and all the love! :) I won't be having one this time either I'm sure. Can't wait to hear how all of yours go as time gets closer! :D

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 12:13pm
Nope this is my 3rd and even though I don't have anything I know I won't be getting a shower this time
~JACKIE

MOMMY TO
~TRAVIS JAMES DEAN 12/6/06
~ALAINA NOELLE DEAN 6/30/09 EDD DEC 16TH
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-12-2011 - 2:55pm

I know it is usually not cool to have a shower for the third child, but since my older ones are teenagers and I have NOTHING, I'm very grateful that the church has offered to have a shower. I will go register soon. I hope to have everything ready for the twins by week 30 when I know they are "viable". I don't want to jinx it and shop too early then something bad happens and here I am with all this baby stuff and depressed, you know? I think the shower will be in September. I don't know if my work friends or my husband's large family will also have showers.

As for shower themes, I am a little annoyed by the "Thing One and Thing Two" Dr Suess theme and the "two peas in a pod" thing that are so obvious for twins, so I hope no one does those. I'm not going to get picky though. I have planned great showers for people before who wanted to redo it all and practically run it, so I'm keeping my mouth shut and being grateful. I mean I made invitations once and the guest of honor made them all over again. UGHHHH.

Becky - mom to dd 15 and ds 13

Pages