Qotw dads sleepin at hospital

iVillage Member
Qotw dads sleepin at hospital
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 3:57am
Will daddy stay the niight(s) with you and baby after you give birth??

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 7:19am

I'm pretty sure but it will depend. Last time we had my mom with our eldest so we weren't worried about neither of us being there because he was with Mah-Mah. This time we have a plan for when I go into labor for either my neighbor or DH's best friend to be with the boys at a moments notice so he can be with me during labor and delivery. If we can do a VBAC then my mom may not be here right away. If she's not able to be here and I'm not in labor at night time then I think I would ask DH to go home and be with the boys for awhile til my mom gets there and come back to see me/bring the boys etc.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 7:47am
I guess it all depends on whether we have someone to watch the older three. I'm sure he would absolutely love to.

My previous pregnancies, the ex did not stay because of wrestling matches and get togethers...just one of the reasons he's an ex ;)

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 8:13am
He did for #1 and, as long as we have someone to stay with the older, he will this time as well. Before I had a c-section so it was all planned with no problems. This time we're trying for a VBAC so it's a little more unplanned :)
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 8:26am
No, my DH will not stay the night. We decided ahead of time for DD # 1 that he would not stay the night. We figured what's the point of having him sleep on a hospital room couch? We only live 15 mins away from the hospital and we have 2 dogs that have to be let out and fed and whanot. This time around it will be even more of a no brainer as we have our older daughter to think of, I would rather not disrupt her life any more than absolutely necessary.
Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 9:21am

Absolutely! He wouldn't have it any other way. It's nice, I can get some rest. My in-laws live close and they'll take the kids for a few days.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 9:45am

DH definitely will be.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 10:14am
Karen, you have a gem!! :) I'm really hoping that DH's family will come down from PA to help but I do have a sitter lined up to be with the kids just in case DH isn't home from deployment yet and/or his parents can't make it down (6 hour trip). I'd LOVE to see how DH is in the hospital. He spoils me when I'm not pregnant so I bet if he was here, it'd be awesome!

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 10:30am
I really thought that I would have my husband sleep in the hospital with me, but in the end I just sent him home. When I saw the silly little sleeping chair/bed thing and didn't want to force him to stay. He left late at night and came back in the morning. It worked out quite well.

This time, since my daughter will be at home, we will do the same thing. We aren't quite sure what the childcare arrangements are going to be yet. It will also depend on if I get to do a VBAC or have another c-section. The other factor is that my daughter was born 3 weeks earlier than my scheduled c-section last time. So, who knows if we will have family around to watch my daughter WHENEVER this baby decides to come. :)
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers .
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 10:59am
We haven't talked about it yet, but I am sure my husband will want to be there. I am having a scheduled c-section and my mom is planning on coming to watch the twins. We have lots of family close in case I go into labor early - my in laws are only about 45 minutes away and my brother and DH's two sisters both live here too.

Breanna
Boy/girl twins, Ethan Neil and Gracyn Marie were born January 7, 2010!
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 11:06am

I am going to force my husband to stay with me. When I had DS I was single and my family left me in the hospital by myself the first night. One of the nurses made some rude comment to me and coupled with the hormones I cried

Pages