Rant - very annoyed with DH

iVillage Member
Rant - very annoyed with DH
Fri, 05-06-2011 - 12:10am
So when I was pregnant with the twins my husband was pretty sympethetic and helped me out a lot. This pregnancy not so much.

Yes I expect him to take over with the kids and make dinner some nights when he gets home because I am so sick and exhausted this pregnancy.

Last night he made an elaborate dinner (his choice) and left the kitchen a complete disaster. I was upset. He just went on and on about how he has to do everything while I "rest and play on my phone". Then, all evening he acted mad at me for getting onto him about leaving the kitchen a mess. Seriously! Ugh.

Then, not long after we got in bed I got up and puked a lot. Let's just say it was forcefull and not all of it made it in the bucket. He just stays in bed. I asked him for help cleaning it up and needless to say he didn't help me. So here I am feeling awful, cleaning up my own puke while he lays in bed.

I am so mad at him and sick of how he acts like helping with the kids when he gets home or making dinner is doing me a big favor!

I am not trying to be demanding, I just expect him to pick up some of the slack and help out while I am pregnant and feeling terrible. I don't think that is too much to ask.

Boy/girl twins, Ethan Neil and Gracyn Marie were born January 7, 2010!
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-06-2011 - 9:12am

Ugh!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-06-2011 - 11:32am
No it's not too much to ask but it might be too much to expect. ;-P

This is #5 for me and my honey has become less helpful with each pregnancy. Even with it being high risk.

This is what I do. If he doesn't want to help & begins to complain; I hire someone to come in and do the basics. Just having the bathrooms & floors clean, helps life flow better. I don't waste my time stressing over him.

There are also places that you can order homecooking and put it in the freezer. (we just had one open in our city) So when you just can't handle cooking, there is something to pull out of the freezer.

I figure spending a little money is worth the peace it begins me during the first trimester.

Deven, homeschooling mommy of Kol, Jul, Elle, Liv & baby #5 due 11/16. Three Sweethearts in Heaven;

;-P Not bad for 11 years of marriage!

http://fromthedepthsofacreativeheart.w

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-06-2011 - 11:35am

I understand completely. My hubby and I got into it the other day because I haven't been doing as much around the house and I had only washed and folded 1 load of laundry. They don't get it how exhausting it is being preggers.

He doesn't care so much that i don't cook as much, almost never. I just don't feel like it. I get headaches and I am super tired all the time.

Hopefully they will come around soon, but if not just do your best. Too bad we can't make them carry a bookbag filled with 20 pounds of stuff in it on there belly's all day and see how they feel after working there regular jobs and doing chores around the house.

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-06-2011 - 1:30pm
Thanks for letting me vent! Today is better. He apologized and got up early and made me breakfast. He is also taking off early and we are all going to the zoo this afternoon. A very much needed afternoon out of the house! ;-)
Boy/girl twins, Ethan Neil and Gracyn Marie were born January 7, 2010!
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-06-2011 - 1:38pm

Sorry to hear that.

Photobucket Thanks to mom2emsopmax for the bea
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-06-2011 - 2:29pm

Oh, husbands just don't seem to get it.

Dawn, DS-12, DD-10, DD-7, DD-5, DD-2, and EDD 11-11-11