seemesurfin, I have a question :-)

iVillage Member
seemesurfin, I have a question :-)
Thu, 05-19-2011 - 12:33pm

Congratulations on your twins! I was wondering if you are having any movements and if so where you feel them? The reason I ask....I have felt this baby since 10 weeks, I have felt movement with both of my previous pregnancies at 10 weeks as well, so no surprise there. However, this time its different, I'm feeling movements (flutters) on both sides of my stomachs, which is new for me. I know its not gas bubbles, I know the difference :-) Just wondering if you are feeling anything similar? No idea if there is 1 or 2 babies, but I have had a strong feeling since I found out I was pregnant about twins. So I'm just curious and scared to death lol.....good luck with everything and thank you in advance for your answer! :-)

Jana

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-19-2011 - 1:54pm
I have twins and with them the movement was all over the place and I felt it earlier. This time I started feeling movement about a week or two later and it is pretty much concentrated to the same area.

Have you had an ultrasound yet?

Good luck! Twins are a lot of work, but an amazing blessing!

Breanna
Boy/girl twins, Ethan Neil and Gracyn Marie were born January 7, 2010!
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-19-2011 - 3:59pm

I dont have an ultrasound until 20 weeks :-( I figured that if my blood work came back and my hcg levels were higher then normal that my doctor would give me call about that. But maybe I'm wrong about that. Maybe as long they are not low, they dont bother? hmmm. I'm NOT ready for twins, I would feel that as God's way of trying to play with me a bit hehe. Guess I wont know for sure until i'm 20 weeks :-) If I was further along I would just think that the baby is laying horizontally and that would explain the feelings on both sides of my belly but not this early on. Ohh well.....hope all goes well with you little one :-) and thank you for answering!

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-19-2011 - 4:18pm
My hcg actually wasn't that high (there is such a broad range of normal), but it was more than doubling. So, hcg might not have tipped them off.

I would talk to you dr about what was is going on. A lot of times they will want to do an ultrasound to make sure there is just one. If it is twins they will want to monitor you much closer. I had appts every two weeks with ultrasounds from the beginning. Also, you will want to up your food and water intake for two babies.

Another thing your dr can check is to see if you are measuring larger.

Breanna
Boy/girl twins, Ethan Neil and Gracyn Marie were born January 7, 2010!
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-20-2011 - 8:24am

I have a friend who swears she felt her twins move at 10 weeks. I'm 12 wks now and totally think I feel them even though the books say it isn't possible. At my 3rd ultrasound yesterday, I asked the tech, and she said that both my placentas are toward the back and both babies are really active, so it *IS* possible that I can feel them. YEAH! :) I felt my first child move at 16 wks and my second at 14. I think that as you have more babies, you feel them sooner because you know what you are looking for.

I do feel them on both sides at different times. Pretty awesome. Never understood people who complain about active babies, I am totally entertained by it :) Love love love it. Dance, babies, dance! :) My first baby didn't move much and always freaked me out. My second would never stop moving and totally has ADHD now. LOL.

Becky - mom to dd 15 and ds 13