VBAC or NOT

iVillage Member
Registered: 04-29-2011
VBAC or NOT
7
Fri, 04-29-2011 - 5:39pm

MY DUE DATE IS NOV 2 2011 I VE HAD TWO PREVIOUS C SECTIONS FIRST ONE BABIES {TWINS} WERE BREECH SECOND JUST A REPEAT NOW I WANT TO TRY A VBAC OR AT LEAST EXP SOME LABOR PAINS THAT IVE NEVER EXP BEFORE FORE YHIS WILL BE MY FINALLY PREGNANCY WHAT DO U THINK ?

iVillage Member
Registered: 04-16-2007
In reply to: r3na29
Fri, 04-29-2011 - 8:13pm
Have you talked to your dr about it? My personal opinion about VBACs is that if you are a good candidate and you are even remotely interested in a VBAC, to attempt it. You can always change a VBAC to a csection if needed, but you cannot change a csection to a VBAC. I've had 2 csections (1st & 5th baby) and the other 4 were all VBACs. Definitely talk to your dr! Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Tessa
Single Mom of 6 beautiful children and 3 angels........
CL to Single Moms, January 2010 Winter Wonders, and 2010 Playgroup Friends
iVillage Member
Registered: 04-13-2010
In reply to: r3na29
Sat, 04-30-2011 - 8:32pm
I agree, talk to your doctor about it. Some doctors will not allow VBAC's so if you're truly interested, you definitely need to talk to your doc about it. If it were me and I were a good candidate, I would certainly go for it. I've only had one delivery and it was vaginal, but if it was a c-section, I'd be hoping for VBAC.


Powered by CGISpy.com

iVillage Member
Registered: 04-20-2008
In reply to: r3na29
Sat, 04-30-2011 - 11:59pm
My 1st was a c-section too and I've already talked to my doctor and we're going to try for a VBAC this time around. I know what you mean about wanting to feel labor pains at the very least. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.
iVillage Member
Registered: 11-23-2005
In reply to: r3na29
Mon, 05-02-2011 - 11:35am
I've had 2 unplanned c sections, (high blood pressure and failure to progress with 1st and cord compression/dropping heart rate with 2nd), I've talked to my Dr. About vbac and she does not support it, but said she couldn't force me to have a c section. Started researching it myself, I'm a nurse with access to a med school library through work, and I am having very mixed emotions, the risk of complications from vbac go up dramatically after 2 sections, But, the risks of complications with future pregnancies will go up if I opt for a 3rd csection, and I know I want at least 1 if not 2 more children.
Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Registered: 04-16-2007
In reply to: r3na29
Mon, 05-02-2011 - 9:53pm
In all honesty, the risk doesn't go up THAT much after a 2nd csection. My 5th baby was my 2nd csection and the dr I was with told me that the risk really wasn't that much higher and everything was amazingly wonderful. If I recall the stats, I think it is like a 0.7% for a VBAC and something like 1.3% for VBA2C for uterine rupture. But you know what? Here's the dirty little secret that the malpractice companies don't want us to know..... uterine ruptures can happen in ANY pregnancy and delivery. ANY. Even for a first time mom. Here is a fairly recent article/post that gives great information..... http://midwifethinking.com/2011/02/23/vbac-making-a-mountain-out-of-a-molehill/
Happy reading and good luck!

Tessa
Single Mom of 6 beautiful children and 3 angels........
CL to Single Moms, January 2010 Winter Wonders, and 2010 Playgroup Friends
iVillage Member
Registered: 07-23-2009
In reply to: r3na29
Tue, 05-03-2011 - 12:27pm
Id talk to your dr see if hes ok with it. Can always pull u in for csec if needed. Gl!!

Michelle
Postin from phone

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

Avatar for cmkristy
iVillage Member
Registered: 07-05-2005
In reply to: r3na29
Wed, 05-04-2011 - 8:44am

Hi there,

I wanted to share a link with you to the VBAC Support board.

 photo snowsiggy.png