What do you have planned for Dad on Father's Day?

iVillage Member
What do you have planned for Dad on Father's Day?
Mon, 06-13-2011 - 3:33pm

Is your DH or SO a veteran at Father's Day or will this be his first?

Photobucket <a href="htt

Pages

iVillage Member
DH is deployed so we had to send a package last week to make sure it got there on time. We made a picture book through Snapfish all the pictures from the things that we've done the last 8 months since he got home last year. We included funny and very sweet sentimental poems and quotes as well. He just got it today (so fast this go round) and he absolutely LOVED it! We also included homemade cards, water flavor and a special charcol filter water bottle to handle that yucky ship water! ;)

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member

I don't have a lot planned.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Absolutely nothing!

Dawn, DS-12, DD-10, DD-7, DD-5, DD-2, and EDD 11-11-11
iVillage Member

We have a grill out.... DH loves that and so does Papa (my dad)

DS makes them cards & I get him his fav beer to enjoy (which is the Summer Shandy by Lunenkogles (sp))

My sister and brother come and we will skype my Sister who lives in Australia now... It will be a nice day of family time..

We always invite DH's dad and though he only lives like a mile from us and is very nice he is just weird and dosen't spend much time with our DS (he just feels like he is intruding I think because his ex wife hated when his family would visit)... I try and try to make him comfertable and tell him know he is welcome anytime but year after year it dosen't change. Oh well. It will be a wonderful day regardless and Jack will have his daddy and papa here to enjoy with with :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
That sounds wonderful Alli! A grill out sounds so yummy!! You'll have to go in more detail so us preggos can get our cravings on!! ;) ENJOY!

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
We are having lunch with DH's family at his sister's house. Today I bought a coffee mug and the twins put their handprints on it and I wrote Happy Father's Day 2011. I also wrote the kid's names by their handprints. Then, they scribbled on a card for him and drew him pictures. I got him a card too.

Breanna
Boy/girl twins, Ethan Neil and Gracyn Marie were born January 7, 2010!
iVillage Member

We are going to a dog show at the local fair grounds.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

As it is Matthew's first father's day I let him pick out his gift (something he has been wanting for awhile)

Photobucket Thanks to mom2emsopmax for the bea
iVillage Member

DH is not a rookie at this LOL. The kids and I went out last night and got him some cologne.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Well, my DH will be travelling most of the day, but we need to think of something to do for him Sunday night when he gets home! I will probably cook a nice dinner and dessert. He needs a new watch because his broke, so that will be his gift and he will have to pick it out!
Photobucket

Pages