When duty calls.... :-(

iVillage Member
When duty calls.... :-(
Mon, 05-16-2011 - 11:59am
Well Sat. Night DH got the call he has been deployed luckily when these things happen he is gone at the least 3 weeks and most is always unknown, but I'm thinking it's only for 3 weeks! But then again I always think the best .. We have our 12 week check up next Tuesday so hopefully he will be home before our 16 week check up cause my OB does ultrasounds at 16 and 20 weeks! So he better be home... I'm whinning but heck he just got home from a 1 year deployment in December... Can't he be home for 1 year with out being called.....
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-16-2011 - 12:03pm
Awe! I can understand completely Kami! DH leaves again in a couple weeks and we're still unsure one whether he'll be home before the baby is born or not. We're trying to squeeze in a fun US just so he can see baby before he goes since he'll miss the 20 week and every other part of the pregnancy. :( It's hard! His rotation sucks though..home for 8 months gone for 6 for 4 years. FUN! Big hugs to you and hopefully it's only a couple weeks and he'll be home for all of the fun things like ultrasounds, births and more! :) Good Luck and hang in there!

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-16-2011 - 2:31pm

(((HUGS))) Kami.

Tessa
Single Mom of 6 beautiful children and 3 angels........
CL to Single Moms, January 2010 Winter Wonders, and 2010 Playgroup Friends
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 1:28am
Him leaving happens often he's got Atleast 3 weeks but when he will be home is never answered.. Hard to explain. But to u 3 weeks is nothing to me it's alot since it happens often 5-10 times a year. I might only say good bye for 1 year every few years but he gets called up for alot of thing in that time where he is never home...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 7:38am
Oh I'm sorry if you thought I was implying 3 weeks wasn't anything...I hate when wives try to top your time away so I wasn't trying to do that at all. I was trying to be supportive and say I understand how hard it is to have DH away and I hope that your DH isn't gone for very long so he can enjoy all the wonderful moments during your pregnancy and the birth. I'm truly sorry if it sounded any other way than sincere. It's a brave thing that wives do, as it is for the military themselves. Good luck to you and your DH.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 12:03pm
Not you Tammy!!! That ost was for Tessa I should of used a name on that I'm am so sorry!!!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 12:13pm
That's okay Kami! :) I understand!! Mistakes happen...I read it and was just afraid I might have offended you and didn't want you to feel that way!

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 12:28pm
No I was meaning to reply to you and say hugs but the good news is he gets to be home for the fun like the 12 times bean wakes up for feedings lol he might miss all the excitement but id have him make it up while sitting awake with me with all the feedings lol but then I saw Tessa and she was all like 3 weeks that's a short deployment and I guess I could of jumped the gun and over reacted but I felt as if she was saying it's no big deal! I don't know where my husband all I know is it is search and rescue mission and he might be home in 3 weeks.... Just bugs me to hear someone say itsnot long! I wanna say do you have to go with out your husband 30 weeks out of a year?! But its probably just the hormones talking.. Lol
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 12:57pm
LOL My DH was about to volunteer for something similar. I don't know the details of it but it was part of a Seal team and he was saying he'd get pages to report and there would be no way of knowing where he was going, how long he was going or when they'd call. It was a really scary thought so I honestly, can't even imagine what it must be like for you to get that call. And I don't care who you are or how long it is, unless you have to deal with duty nights and deployments, etc. they have no idea what it's like. But I sympathize with you. I've been told a lot that I should whine over 6 months because others have 18 month deployments and though I can't imagine an 18 month deployment, 6 months is just as hard. The point that some people don't understand is we have to live without our husbands for extended periods of time. My SIL isn't speaking to me because I got pregnant before her, I cried to my husband and said, at least she gets her husband 365 days of the year! Damn hormones! ;)

Anyway! I'm more than happy to give up the pregnancy time to have him home for all those feedings and dirty diapers! I may be breastfeeding but he can keep me entertained while I sit there! ;)

Photobucket <a href="htt