Is Your DH/SO Having a 'Dadchelor' Party?

iVillage Member
Is Your DH/SO Having a 'Dadchelor' Party?
Tue, 06-28-2011 - 9:00am

Dad-to-be parties -- also called “dadchelor,” or “forefather” parties -- have become more popular in the past few years. For the most part, these aren’t sleazy retreads of “what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas” bachelor bashes. Instead, participants say, this new male-bonding ritual is all about welcoming a major milestone that, for today’s hands-on dads, is even more life-changing than marriage.

'Dadchelor' Parties celebrate pregnancy with male bonding and beers-

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member

I'm sorry....what?

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-28-2011 - 10:05am
I'm with you Britny. I'd look at him and laugh my rear off, are you kidding? ;)

My DH won't be, unless you call being over in the Middle East for a long extended vaca with the boys as a Dadchelor party ;)

It's just so silly. Men will think of anything to get out and party.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Wow, this is a first for me. These sound like a typical guys' night out but probably label it as a "Dadchelor Party" as an excuse to drink even more in excess. I like the one wife's mandate that everyone bring a pack of diapers...smart thinking! I think co-ed baby showers are becoming more common and since I've never heard of these I wonder how prevalent they are.

“The joke is: ‘enjoy the lap dance because your sex life is over.’”
OK, um, isn't that the same reason they give at bachelor parties? So now having a baby is another reason for a raunchy night out? Puh-leeze!

DH is over the moon excited about having our babies and if his friends want to take him out to celebrate then that is totally fine...but let's not make it seem like a guy's life is over because he has a baby...or gets married...or ___. This kind of makes it sound like the guys aren't as ready/excited to have the baby as the women.
Photobucket Forever Missing Our Angels ~ May 2010 ~ August 2010 ~ October 2010 
iVillage Member

I agree with everyone else I have never heard of this and I am sure DH has not either.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

I agree. Puh-leeze! lol I liked that, and I may use it. ;)

iVillage Member
I have to agree with everyone else, this is ridic!
Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
lol The whole time I was reading that I kept thinking that the point of a shower is to "shower" the new baby with gifts and words of advice for the parents-to-be, whereas these parties are just excuses to get wasted or as you said, end up in the doghouse! I sent DH the link to the story and his first reaction was "That's dumb" but in not-so-nice words. haha He said that if he wants to go out with his friends then they'll go out, but he doesn't need a last hurrah before fatherhood.
Photobucket Forever Missing Our Angels ~ May 2010 ~ August 2010 ~ October 2010