Frederico Emmanuel III "RJ"

iVillage Member
Frederico Emmanuel III "RJ"
Sat, 11-26-2011 - 10:18am
Born on November 23, 2011 @ 209pm.
2 weeks 1 day early
Due Date Dec 8

On Nov 22 I went to L&D for contractions. I was having them every 5mins. The only reason I went in was because I had some brownish discharge. The night prior to this I felt a lot of sharp stabbing pains in my vajay so I figured some kind of changes were happening. So once my doctor told me to come in, DH looked so lost. The man started packing canned foods for the hospital lol. It was also pouring down rain outside. The beltway was packed. We ended up getting off and taking the street way. Once there I was checked at 705 pm and finally dilated to 2cm. The nurse noticed that my pulse was really high. So at 758 I was moved to a delivery room for monitoring. The doctor noticed that when my heartrate went up RJ heart rate dropped. At 130am Nov 23 they did an ultrasound test to check the baby movements. He passed the test with the high score 8/8. They wanted me to get some rest and would check me in the morning. If all was well they were going to send me home. I woke up at 615 with really really bad back in pain. The pain was so bad I had tears in my eyes and threw up. I also had bloody show. My contractions were 1min apart and kicking my butt. Once the contractions calmed down I was checked and was 3cm. At 9am the doctor came in and said because of the drop in the baby heart she would induce me. She said that I wouldn't be able to go natural because I wouldn't be able to move out the bed to walk. I was hooked up to IV fluids, Pitocin, and the antib for the strep B. At 930 I received the epi a low dose. I was told to push the pain button for a higher dose. My water was broken at 10 am with clear fluids.. no poop this time... at 1130 my contractions were 2-3 mins apart and I felt it all. 1229 I was 4cm 1259 I was 5cm and his head was really low. I pushed the pain button but still felt the contractions. The doctor couldn't figure out why so she made a call and the drug man came in lol he gave me something in the IV that was suppose to kick in right away. 135pm I was checked because I told the nurse that with every contraction I felt a lot of pressure and wanted to push. I told her that it only helps if I cross my legs. At that point all I felt was contx and contx and a sharp pain in the vajay. Ten mins later at 145pm I was checked and I was at a 9 and a half. DH was in the bathroom cleaning up. I started yelling at him telling him it was time and that he better not be in the bathroom pooping lol At 156 I started to push RJ arrived at 209. 6 pounds 11 ounces 20.25 inches long. His cord was loose but around his neck which is what cause the heart rate to drop. He's a very calm and laid back baby. All test were normal and we are both healty and home. Breastfeeding is going well

Jayla
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-28-2011 - 6:44am
Congratulations!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-26-2011 - 5:53pm
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-26-2011 - 5:50pm
I forgot to add a pic. Bout to now
iVillage Member
Sat, 11-26-2011 - 5:50pm