Hello and good-bye to baby Carter

iVillage Member
Hello and good-bye to baby Carter
Sun, 12-11-2011 - 1:31pm
I had some serious formatting issues, please see next post.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-11-2011 - 1:39pm

Hi ladies, I am not sure who all will remember me as I haven't posted in awhile. But, I have been following the board throughout our pregnancies.

To perhaps jog your memory, I was due 11/11 and my DH was diagnosed with brain cancer back in May.

I just can't seem to stay away from here and wanted to share my son's birth story, but thought I would wait until it seemed as though all November moms had delivered. Sometimes I feel like I am grasping at straws to try and stay connected to my pregnancy, and be a part of whatever I can. And so, with that, I hope it is ok for me to share (warning, loss mentioned):

Copied and pasted from my blog:

Carter Michael was stillborn at 5:40 am on 10/18/2011 In my heart of hearts, I know when he passed, but I am not sure if I will ever be able to articulate that.

The Friday before he was born, I was having lots of signs of impending labor - spotting, cramps, etc. Saturday morning came with some strong contractions, but they stopped and there were no signs of labor anytime soon all day Sunday and most of Monday.

By Monday afternoon, I knew something was starting to brew, but I couldn't say with any confidence that it was time. The cramping increased during dinner and by the time I tucked Livie into bed, I was fairly confident that we would be heading to the hospital sometime that night. In true nesting fashion, I cleaned the bathroom and living room before settling on the couch to watch TV with Shawn.

Shawn and I were laughing as Carter moved his little butt around in my stomach. You could see and feel it moving from side to side. I wish I had taken a

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-11-2011 - 3:35pm
I am from the Dec EC, I am soo sorry to hear about ur little angel...i couldn't imagine going through that.... Know that he is an angel in heaven smiling down at u and ur family. Be strong for ur husband and ur little girl. God Bless u.
KELLY THANKS FOR THE BEAUTIFUL SIG
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-11-2011 - 5:21pm
you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. your story brought tears to my eyes.

heather
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-11-2011 - 8:30pm
You and your family are in my prayers. I'm so sorry for your loss. I looked at your blog and your son is just adorable. May God bless him always and keep him safe in His care.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-11-2011 - 9:00pm
I am so sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your story with us. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-11-2011 - 9:41pm
So sry praying for you

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-12-2011 - 10:10am
Truly heartbreaking Becca. I am so sorry for your loss and wish there was something more I could say. Your store brought tears to my eyes and I only hope that your pain lessens in time and all your wishes come true in the future. God bless you and your beautiful family.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-12-2011 - 11:27am

I'm so sorry to hear this. God and life - both work in mysterious ways that we'll never understand. I pray that you and your family get the strength to deal with this. Thank you for sharing. Your story brought tears to my eyes.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-21-2011 - 10:05am
Rebecca-- I cried like a baby while reading through your blog :0( I lost my little girl when she was 8 weeks old and looking through the photos of your precious Carter melted my heart and brought back tons of memories from those days. It has been almost 7 years since Alyssa passed away, but it still seems like yesterday sometimes. I dont know if you have a facebook page, but if you would like... Please feel free to look me up and add me. I know tons of ladies who have lost their precious little ones that im sure could be of some comfort and support. My email you can use is ashleymckinney05@yahoo.com
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-21-2011 - 2:19pm

Pages