Anxiety

iVillage Member
Anxiety
Thu, 09-08-2011 - 12:55pm

Is anyone else dealing with bouts of anxiety?

Photobucket <a href="htt

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: sailorsbelle
Thu, 09-08-2011 - 1:05pm
Definitely... Mine come with unnecessary worry about my health and my kids though. Like horrible thoughts when DH and DS are rough-housing about what would happen if something went bad. It's awful. :(
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-08-2011 - 2:27pm
Yes, definitely dealing with some of that. Yesterday night, I woke up with chills all over my body, convinced that something was wrong with the baby. He kicked me (which I like to think of him telling me to simmer down), but I still just laid there for awhile horrified at the thought of something horrible that I couldn't name. The feeling's gone this morning, I feel good, and baby's kicking up a storm, so I think I can chalk that up to hormones, but dang those are some scary hormones. Sorry to hear that you girls have this too :(.

You'd think our bodies would understand we've got enough things to stress about, we don't need any imaginary brain-goblins!
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-08-2011 - 2:55pm

Oh, me too.

Dawn, DS-12, DD-10, DD-7, DD-5, DD-2, and EDD 11-11-11
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-08-2011 - 4:40pm
Oh yes, I have that feeling. It doesn't help that all I can do all day is think and dwell...it's not good for my psyche!
Photobucket Forever Missing Our Angels ~ May 2010 ~ August 2010 ~ October 2010 
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-08-2011 - 5:34pm
I have definitely battled it in the past but its so nice to hear that I'm not alone with anxiety and pregnancy! I was just telling DH, that it must all be subconcious because I can honestly just be sitting here, minding my own business and BAM, it hits me. Blah! At least we can all talk it out on the boards! :) We understand if the rest of the world doesn't...like the filling boob sensation or sweaty crotch. LOL

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-09-2011 - 6:34am
Hi Tammy!

Yea in my previous pg I was so anxious, being a FTM, learning it all and fearing the unknown. I became so tense and hugh strung I ended up on meds. This time though it's been completely different. I'm not nearly as worried because I trust my DH a lot more now I've seen what a great dad he is to DS, and how much support he gave me when DS was newborn.

Having said that, I do get stressed and worried about small things a lot easier while pregnant, and I have to try to manage that better for the sake of my marriage and my DS.

B
B, loving wife to L. Proud Mum to William Luke (22 months) and expecting Samuel James in November. >

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-09-2011 - 6:38am
Oh and my main source of anxiety is the labour! Every time I think about it I panic! I had a very difficult first labour which was traumatic for DH, me and bub. I'm very frightened. But at the Same time I pray that I just have another healthy baby, regardless of the birth, and that's the main thing.
B, loving wife to L. Proud Mum to William Luke (22 months) and expecting Samuel James in November. >

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-09-2011 - 6:54am
I'm with you on the labor! With my first, I didn't know what to expect so I went in with the unknown and somehow that was just fine, with my second, being more prepared had it's advantages but when it came to pushing, I freaked out! Luckily, a couple of gags and my middle child was born. ;) But with my 3rd, the labor was so traumatic, so awful that I had nightmares for weeks afterwards so now I sit here in complete panic thinking there is NO WAY I can do this alone but I so have to prepare for that possibility. Yikes! Okay, it's way too early to think of this. ;) As Scarlett O'Hara says, "I'll think about it tomorrow"

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-09-2011 - 10:47am
Every time there is a river city I can't function until it's lifted.. It's pretty severe..
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-09-2011 - 11:36am

Oh my lord.. Who are you kidding.. I am the QUEEN of anxiety!!!!

Photobucket <a href="http://lil

Pages