anxiety/fear about delivery

iVillage Member
anxiety/fear about delivery
Fri, 10-21-2011 - 11:06pm

Looking for some advice/reashureance. I had a csec due to our first being breach and all went very well. This time around I have this fear that I am going to die during the csec. Has anyone else had this fear. My ob will do VBAC's, but I'm not sure about that either. I don't mind the csec, just don't want anything bad to happen. :(

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-22-2011 - 7:15am
I'm sorry you're having anxiety and fear over the delivery. I don't have any personal experience but the thought of a c-section, period, can be very scary. A lot of anxiety and fear women experience the closer they get to labor and delivery isn't soley from the procedure or how it happens but when you add hormones to the equation and for a lot of us, the unknowing on when it'll happen, it creates an enormous mess for us emotionally. My husband says I have to just relax and breathe and do the opposite of pessimistic thinking which is my norm and know that all will be just fine and at the end, there will be a beautiful baby. He tries to talk me through my anxiety and fear daily (my fear and anxiety that I'm going at this alone while he's deployed) and reminds me what the goal is. I guess my best advice, is to really talk out all these fears, cry about it, just get it all out to someone very close, your DH/SO or a friend becuase you will feel a lot better once you get it all out. And focus on the goal rather than the how you get there. You're not alone in these fears though.

Photobucket <a href="htt

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-22-2011 - 10:41am
Thank you!!
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-22-2011 - 12:51pm
((hugs)). The thought of a csection is definitely scary. I have had 2 And this one is arriving on Thursday the same way. I actually prefer it that way because I'm scared to death to try vbac. That doesn't make it any less scary, so I can sympathize with you. You have to do what works for you. Do you meditate? Are you religious? Do you have a lucky charm or an article of clothing or other object that brings you peace that you can take with you to the hospital? Mine is a pair is rosaries I held when I had my first child (csection) and I brought them when I had my second. I'm Catholic but not overly religious, but it really does bring me peace. That and DH talking me through everything. Believe me, this is one of the hardest things we have to go through, but there is also an amazing miracle in the other end. Try to keep that in mind-- that this is just one small dent in forever and that the bigger picture has you receiving the biggest reward ever after all you will have gone through. Lots of luck to you!! You will be in my prayers!!!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-22-2011 - 1:32pm
Thank you so much, very sweet. My husband will be there and be great. I do meditate so once my 3 1/2 yr old is down for her nap I can do something. :) I just feel so out of it now, like I'm not thinking clearly. It's no annoying!!
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-22-2011 - 11:42pm
Just wanted to add that your not alone. I had a c-section the first time around and am going to try for a VBAC this time (my dr really pushes for it too)... but I'm starting to get fear/anxiety too and I'm actually leaning the other way. I'm seriously tempted to just go the c-section route just because I know what to expect with it and my first went really well too. I think it's normal even without a c-section history to get anxious though.